Votes: 0 0.0%

• 50+ points below average D

• Total voters

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
What does everyone think Boqvist's ceiling is?
I haven't figured out how to make two polls in the same thread, so please comment with what you think his most likely outcome is.
I think his ceiling is a generational OFD and his most likely outcome is 60+ points with above average D.

Last edited:

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I dunno. Really couldn't tell ya. Is he Klingberg or Honka? Montour or Clendening? Cause he could really swing either way.

I wanted Kravstov or Wahlstrom so I personally couldn't care less about Boqvist. I've got nothing invested in him. I'd rather move him for more of a sure thing.

Really unless he's Klingberg I have no interest in him being on this team.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I’m so sick of the generational term.
It's definitely overused. Should be reserved for the players that truly deserve the title like Dylan Strome.

Blame Musto, Ray. Definitely blame Musto.

Also, all the other generational mentions on this board are poking fun (in a good natured way) at Musto.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Hoping he's our version of Klingberg.
Brian Campbell helping him out will be great.

In 2yrs hopefully..

Maatta (26) - Jokiharju (22)
de Haan (30) - Boqvist (21)
Keith (37) - Mitchell (22)
Seabrook (35)

Really liked how Stan got de Haan and Maatta. Stay at home d-men, who can compliment Joker/Boqvist

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I don't see above average D with Boqvist and I'm probably top 3-4 on the Boqvist fan club here with @BK as the captain. I see average in his prime but elite O. I am very high on Boqvist because of his ELITE hockey sense and ELITE vision and playmaking. I love his wrist shot as well. I think he'll be moreso Buffalo/San Jose Brian Campbell like defensively (basically average) and that's fine.

Reactions: Sarava and Rooh

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
I dunno. Really couldn't tell ya. Is he Klingberg or Honka? Montour or Clendening? Cause he could really swing either way.

I wanted Kravstov or Wahlstrom so I personally couldn't care less about Boqvist. I've got nothing invested in him. I'd rather move him for more of a sure thing.

This is why I can’t take you seriously most of the time.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Holy **** Musto, I knew you weren’t as high on Boqvist as others, but bottom-pairing puck mover?
Only picked it because the options presented are dumb. Why is it only 60 point scorer or bust? Realistically he's a #3D or #4D that puts up 30-40 points.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I love how his defensive ability increases the more he scores.

upload_2019-6-29_19-25-16.gif

CCook37

Jun 11, 2014
Chicago, IL

Lol. What a joke of a comment.

Reactions: bwana63

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Generational means what, what this guy will accomplish only comes along once every 20 years? No way

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Only picked it because the options presented are dumb. Why is it only 60 point scorer or bust? Realistically he's a #3D or #4D that puts up 30-40 points.
I was on my way out. Can edit for more options. Feel free to change your vote accordingly.
There Musto, you happy?
I accidentally put 50 as an option. That is a special one for hf50

Last edited:

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Wasn’t there reports from somewhere recently putting Boqvist is some negative light? I hope he ends up the greatest defenseman in NHL history but giving him a generational label as potential is putting his expectations beyond ridiculous.

Reactions: Cowch

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Hawks are in a good spot going forward with there RHD. Jokiharju, Boqvist and Mitchell. It will be nice to watch.
Boqvist will be just like if not a better version of Tyson Barrie.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Wasn’t there reports from somewhere recently putting Boqvist is some negative light? I hope he ends up the greatest defenseman in NHL history but giving him a generational label as potential is putting his expectations beyond ridiculous.
That would be a 95th percentile outcome, which is my definition of "ceiling"
AB needs to hit the weight room hard for the next offseason or two. He gets pushed around physically and that is his main deficiency right now. He's ready mentally for the NHL, but not physically.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Realistically Boqvist ends up being Montour. Not bad, but certainly not what you want from a top 10 pick.

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010

His ceiling is well above 3/4D putting up 30-40 points.

Ceiling is the highest he might achieve for those of you unaware. If you think that his potential maxes out at a 40 point D, I can confidently say you’ve never seen him play.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
His ceiling is well above 3/4D putting up 30-40 points.

Ceiling is the highest he might achieve for those of you unaware. If you think that his potential maxes out at a 40 point D, I can confidently say you’ve never seen him play.
I'm not talking about his ceiling. I don't think he hits his ceiling. So once again, he realistically ends up being Montour.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I'm not talking about his ceiling. I don't think he hits his ceiling. So once again, he realistically ends up being Montour.

Not tying to dump on you, but how are you able to confidently say Boqvist won’t reach his ceiling, but Mitchell will reach his?

Like what specifically are you seeing in each of these guys’ respective games which allows you to make each of those calls?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad