Prospect Info: Adam Beckman, LW, 75th Overall,

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Highly disagree, Dewar was an all around better player in the WHL, by far. That's why Dewar is able to transition professionally and Beckman is treading water. Higher odds Beckman doesn't see 20 career games in the NHL than him being a regular.
Dewar was a better two way player in junior, but not a better player, and certainly not a better player "by far". Beckman was the scoring leader in the WHL in his D+1 year, and by a good bit. Dewar never got near that. And I say this as a big Dewar fan.

Beckman has the higher ceiling, IMO.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Dewar was a better two way player in junior, but not a better player, and certainly not a better player "by far". Beckman was the scoring leader in the WHL in his D+1 year, and by a good bit. Dewar never got near that. And I say this as a big Dewar fan.

I don’t think you need to put “IMO” in that last sentence

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market

Is better hockey player a better phrasing? Beckman is better in the offensive end and that's about it. I can see Dewar playing 10 years as a role player. I can only see Beckman as a fill-in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad