Speculation: Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XXXV: Trotzyism in Action

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Please don't get my hopes up with ROR.

You are getting hyped up. That's just fan speculation.

Besides one off statement, have we even given the impression we're still in search of a trade partner for a Center?

Halpysback*

ROR going to this team means Alzner+ is going the other way. No thanks

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Isn't ROR more effective playing wing than center? I don't watch a lot of Avs games and I really didn't pay much attention to them this season

Halpysback*

Isn't ROR more effective playing wing than center? I don't watch a lot of Avs games and I really didn't pay much attention to them this season

No, you lose his faceoff ability/defense/playmaking not as effective. But he's a good W as well, maybe scores a bit more goals.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
Saw Adam Vingan tweet this eariler.

13 years ago today. 13 freaking years.

BsQpNmyCYAAFW81.jpg

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
its amazing how fast time goes by.

also amazing how jagr has aged, the guy is a machine. probably all that energy he saved while in washington. :sarcasm:

n3ss

Nov 29, 2011
I really would like to see Ovechkin return to his physically reckless days. No one gave a **** about his defensive play when he was running guys over and scoring goals like a madman. The worst thing Majin Buu/GMGM ever did was get him to calm down.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I really would like to see Ovechkin return to his physically reckless days. No one gave a **** about his defensive play when he was running guys over and scoring goals like a madman. The worst thing Majin Buu/GMGM ever did was get him to calm down.

another of Oates things. He really didn't want Ovechkin hitting. He really don't want the forwards hitting that much. He apparently wanted them skating and taking away space.

I think one of the reasons we didn't see Wilson playing above the 4th line was that Oates didn't want Wilson hitting and really didn't want him fighting. Wilson said as much. IIRC he said something along those line on fighting after Wey got beat up.

ryan519*

isnt green someone that would fit perfectly into colorado's fast paced offensive system? thought i need they need a right handed defenseman as well. why not package him in a trade with vrana to get ROR

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
I really would like to see Ovechkin return to his physically reckless days.

Who wouldn't? Ovechkin is so much more dangerous when he plays aggressive both in hitting and on offense. So much presence, and he thinks so much faster then. He actually plays hockey.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009

Me too. I absolutely dislike Jagr and hate he was ever a Cap.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
another of Oates things. He really didn't want Ovechkin hitting. He really don't want the forwards hitting that much. He apparently wanted them skating and taking away space.

I think one of the reasons we didn't see Wilson playing above the 4th line was that Oates didn't want Wilson hitting and really didn't want him fighting. Wilson said as much. IIRC he said something along those line on fighting after Wey got beat up.

I'm pretty sure the push to get Ovechkin to tone it down goes back to 2010 with Gabby, Knuble, the suspension by the league for the hit on Campbell, and pressure from the media and other sources. Ovechkin was probably more prone to suggestion due to the Olympic disappointment and the increasing injury issues which were being kept secret.

That's not to say Oates wasn't an idiot who overthought every aspect of the game, including physicality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad