Speculation: Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap Part XXXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apr 6, 2004
Does anyone think Erskine has any trade value anymore?

Only to a team needing to hit the floor, zero as a player until he can get back on the ice and prove he's even that.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia

Interesting.

Also spotted Doan interview on the twitter in which he mentioned that while he wants to win the Cup, it's been his dream to win it in Arizona and still is so that likely puts trade rumours to bed for atleast another year.

That's a shame because Vermette/Doan would be tailor-made to making the Caps a Cup contender.

Also, he's not winning a Cup in Arizona. They are years away.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Just curious, how would you make that happen? What would it take in return and cap numbers?

They'd have to move Green in a separate deal to make space.

Then start with a 1st and Bura/Vrana/Bowey.

I don't know how plausible that is, but I'd do it. A great 2-way C and veteran top-line RW? Uh, yes please.

How long are we going to sit the **** around and wait for them to take the next step? It's been 7 years since their window opened.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Its should ABSOLUTELY hold weight with managment and it does across every sport and there are valid reasons for it.

You know the player. You know the fit in the locker room. You know how he fits in the system.

There is no way of knowing for sure if an outsider will. Think of the Stars "Hey we're a pretty good team and all we need is a 2nd line!" BAM! Add Spezza+Hemsky=WORLD DOMINATION! BAM!

Doesn't work out that way.

Especially in a salary cap world that the NHL has more recently become. Taking lessons from successful NFL franchises they are all built from within from the Packers, Steelers, Patriots, San Fran, Seattle etc. Of late the Patriots (over the past decade) started brining in some outsiders to fill out the roster after Bellicheck took over GM duties. They've won 0 superbowls since.

We have certainty with Fehr. It also establishes a strong culture within an org. You reward your own guys instead of constantly looking for mercenaries to take their place.

Ofcourse no team is going to be 100% built from within. We are certainly not (see Orpik and Niskanen). But we are having some success and the culture change is taking place. We are letting young guys cut their teeth.

But basically the Hockey Fantasy crowd wants to:

Move Green out
Trade Brouwer and MJ
Bring in Vermette
Bring in Petry to take place of Green
Send Bura and Wilson to Hershey
Add 1RW like Jagr
etc.

We lose 1 regulation game in 20 and people want to see massive change.

Last year you all wanted Holtby gone.

A couple years ago people were wanting Ovie gone. Earlier last year Carlson was on the outs. There were people saying we should trade Backstrom too!

This is insanity on a Dan Snyder level. I'm thankful no one on here owns the Caps. You guys would run them into the ground faster than Snyder tanked the Skins.

oh please.

for every one of those, there was the same that wanted George to be the GM forever (you), thought Oates as the "Ovy Whisperer" (you), and felt we shouldnt spend money on Orpik and Niskanen (not you).

You are cherry picking again Bob. it doesnt suit you.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
That's a shame because Vermette/Doan would be tailor-made to making the Caps a Cup contender.

Also, he's not winning a Cup in Arizona. They are years away.

http://www.nicholsonhockey.com/wort...say-never-but-doan-remains-married-to-coyotes

On if he’ll be okay with another rebuild project with the Coyotes:

“Yeah, I mean that’s one of those things that I don’t think anybody as an older player is happy about that. There’s no way you’re happy about that. But at the same time, you’ve kind of made your bed when I signed on here and no one anticipated this year being the way it was and going the way it has gone up to this point. It’s amazing what can turn around in a season in the NHL, and how quickly things can go in the other direction. We obviously got ourselves in a hole here and we’ve got to find a way to get better and make the organization better.â€

On if he wants to leave to win a Stanley Cup, or if he wants to stay in Arizona:

“I want to win a Stanley Cup here. I’ve said that over and over. I do. I want to win a Stanley Cup here, and anyone who plays with me knows that. That’s my goal. That’s my plan. Obviously it’s frustrating and disappointing when you’re not achieving that, and you look around the league and you see the teams that win the Stanley Cup. It’s a small group. There’s only one team that’s happy at the end of every year, and there’s a lot of teams that are disappointed. Right now, obviously, we’re not in the position we want to be in, but we got to keep going. Again, ’m a player and I’m just going to try to do my best.â€

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
oh please.

for every one of those, there was the same that wanted George to be the GM forever (you), thought Oates as the "Ovy Whisperer" (you), and felt we shouldnt spend money on Orpik and Niskanen (not you).

You are cherry picking again Bob. it doesnt suit you.

Wait, you don't understand the logic?

1. 20 posters each have their idea for a reasonable (on average) change, in the context of their individual long-term vision for the team.
2. If all these changes were somehow combined, the result would be chaos.
3. Therefore, the obvious conclusion is that each of these 20 posters is a proponent of chaos.

If person X likes chocolate and person Y likes steak, then it follows that they are both weirdos who like chocolate-covered steak.

I'm not sure what could be more obvious.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Doubtful. I don't think Scrivens or Fasth is good enough to carry that team to the playoffs. 2-3 years, yes -- if they make the right moves, but not next year.

I think it's only doubtful because of their incompetent management, but I'll give it the ole' MW6 try:

1- Hire a real Coach. Dan Bylsma, Paul McCLain, Ron Wilson, Jacques Martin, Guy Boucher, or maybe even Torts. Blashill should be looked at as well, but I doubt they can land him.

2- Trade: Taylor Hall for ROR, Tanguay, and a pick

3- Trade: Jordan Eberle for Phaneuf+

4- Draft McDavid/Eichel

5- UFA: Sign Jarret Stoll/Kyle Brodziak/Shawn Horcoff for 3C

6- UFA: Sign Scottie Upshall/Joel Ward/Eric Fehr/Brad Richardson/Tomas Kopecky for 3RW

Tanguay - McEichel - ROR
Yakupov - RNH - Purcell
Pouliot - Stoll - Upshall
Hendricks - Gordon - Klinkhammer

Nikitin - Phaneuf
Ference - Fayne
Marincin - Schultz

Scrivens

Close to NHL ready: Draisaitl, Nurse, Klefbom, Lander

Getting the real coach is the key part, but that's a playoff roster to me. Ideally you'd like to shift the LDs down, and sign someone like Sekera, but I didn't go that far. That also gives McEichel excellent vet support for development. The goalies aren't their strong suit, but I'd don't think they'd be bad enough under said real coach to drag the team out of the playoffs.

Last edited:

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
The Oilers really need to trade Justin Schultz for whatever they can get. He is god awful in his own end and every that's wrong with them. Their D and goaltending still wouldn't be good enough with Phaneuf. Nurse is a good piece but I think they're at least another year away unless they have a spectacular off-season.

Tying this line of thought together, I like Petry in UFA if the price is right.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Wait, you don't understand the logic?

1. 20 posters each have their idea for a reasonable (on average) change, in the context of their individual long-term vision for the team.
2. If all these changes were somehow combined, the result would be chaos.
3. Therefore, the obvious conclusion is that each of these 20 posters is a proponent of chaos.

If person X likes chocolate and person Y likes steak, then it follows that they are both weirdos who like chocolate-covered steak.

I'm not sure what could be more obvious.

Yes yes. Mob mentality towards upheaval and chaos. Groupthink at its best. That's what we have all wanted, all along.

Every Cap is at risk. No one is safe.

Fire Trotz!!

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I dont its necessarily representative but there was a poster that suggested a trade or two and a roster move or two and posted a projected lineup. Every line on the team had changed and 3 - 5 roster players were different.

I think getting the one rental 2c and the required changes required by moving the current 2c to another spot in the lineup is enough jerking around of a team that is hitting on all cylinders.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
I dont its necessarily representative but there was a poster that suggested a trade or two and a roster move or two and posted a projected lineup. Every line on the team had changed and 3 - 5 roster players were different.

I think getting the one rental 2c and the required changes required by moving the current 2c to another spot in the lineup is enough jerking around of a team that is hitting on all cylinders.

guilty.jpg

MW6

Oct 21, 2011
Halland
I think it's only doubtful because of their incompetent management, but I'll give it the ole' MW6 try:

1- Hire a real Coach. Dan Bylsma, Paul McCLain, Ron Wilson, Jacques Martin, Guy Boucher, or maybe even Torts. Blashill should be looked at as well, but I doubt they can land him.

2- Trade: Taylor Hall for ROR, Tanguay, and a pick

3- Trade: Jordan Eberle for Phaneuf+

4- Draft McDavid/Eichel

5- UFA: Sign Jarret Stoll/Kyle Brodziak/Shawn Horcoff for 3C

6- UFA: Sign Scottie Upshall/Joel Ward/Eric Fehr/Brad Richardson/Tomas Kopecky for 3RW

Tanguay - McEichel - ROR
Yakupov - RNH - Purcell
Pouliot - Stoll - Upshall
Hendricks - Gordon - Klinkhammer

Nikitin - Phaneuf
Ference - Fayne
Marincin - Schultz

Scrivens

Close to NHL ready: Draisaitl, Nurse, Klefbom, Lander

Getting the real coach is the key part, but that's a playoff roster to me. Ideally you'd like to shift the LDs down, and sign someone like Sekera, but I didn't go that far. That also gives McEichel excellent vet support for development. The goalies aren't their strong suit, but I'd don't think they'd be bad enough under said real coach to drag the team out of the playoffs.

<3
It's fun isn't it? :)
#imisscapgeek

Stewie G

Needed more hitting!
Oct 19, 2009
What exactly happened to Capgeek?
The guy who ran the site pulled the plug due to health issues. Before the site went down, he said that he was permanently ceasing operations, with no plans to sell anything.

POOF!

Jackstrom19

Jun 5, 2012
If you had to compare trade values now for Forsberg, Kuzya, Bura, and Wilson, what would they be? Has Forsberg jumped all 3 of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad