Speculation: Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
It has to be an excuse. With 2 young kids that seem to get pink eye every other day once you put the drops in the eye that is perscribed to get rid of it you are no longer contagious and the pink eye is gone in a day.

Bummer Latta got sent down. I like his game.

It only clears up in a day if its bacterial. If it's viral, it takes longer and you pretty much have to let it run its course.

OviTaughtMe

Jun 17, 2013
PG County
:laugh:

Pink eye has nothing to do with age.

I know but a professional athlete? I don't really buy it. Plus, like someone already said, you take drops and it clears up in hours.

Even though, I wasn't really impressed with him in the preseason. At all. But I still think he has a chance to be really solid in the NHL.

MiSe

Dec 10, 2010
Wow the conspiracy theorists are out today. Not only is Orlov's pink eye a lie, but so is Erskine's injury that forced us to bring up Schmidt.

McPhee and Oates must REALLY love Schmidt.

So stupid. Sounds like the furlough is really getting to some of you.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Wow the conspiracy theorists are out today. Not only is Orlov's pink eye a lie, but so is Erskine's injury that forced us to bring up Schmidt.

Schmidt was a good player in college. His shot and speed is what I'm looking at. We are due luck, hopefully he steps right in.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
By the time Oates and GMGM get the roster players needed to play on their "handedness" sides Ovie, Greenie and Backie will be 50 years old.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I've found myself saying this for many years now. I really liked Latta's game yesterday and my guess is they want him to get more playing time. I wish I lived near Hershey.

Erskine was injured. Combined with Hillen's injury and (apparently) the coaching staff's lack of enthusiasm about Oleksy's play on his off-side, this meant a LHD needed to be recalled. Both Orlov and Schmidt have a higher salary than Carrick, so sending Carrick to Hershey doesn't clear enough salary to remain under the cap. Thus why Latta was sent down as well.

Pretty simple when it all comes down to it.

Last edited:

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Erskine was injured. Combined with Hillen's injury and (apparently) the coaching staff's last of enthusiasm about Oleksy's play on his off-side, this meant a LHD needed to be recalled. Both Orlov and Schmidt have a higher salary than Carrick, so sending Carrick to Hershey doesn't clear enough salary to remain under the cap. Thus why Latta was sent down as well.

Yeah, no waiver to worry about and more playing time. I'm sure this won't be the last time we see them.

Liberati0n*

MiSe said:

Can you find a single post where someone said his pink eye wasn't real? I said it seemed like an excuse. The Erskine injury being fake was a joke.

Halpysback*

By the time Oates and GMGM get the roster players needed to play on their "handedness" sides Ovie, Greenie and Backie will be 50 years old.

And will all be playing center, except for Backie who will be playing 4th line LW

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
It will be time to relieve Oates of duties when he makes players actually play with a wrong handed stick; blades on boards of course FTW.

Ovi, grab that left twig, you are playing LD tonight.

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
Can you find a single post where someone said his pink eye wasn't real? I said it seemed like an excuse. The Erskine injury being fake was a joke.

What is the motivation behind using it as an excuse? To appease the throngs of fans clamoring for Orlov to be called up or to protect Orlov's self-esteem. I am not saying he isn't using it as an excuse, I just question the motivation.

Liberati0n*

What is the motivation behind using it as an excuse? To appease the throngs of fans clamoring for Orlov to be called up or to protect Orlov's self-esteem. I am not saying he isn't using it as an excuse, I just question the motivation.

Yeah, I don't know. I was thinking of it more like: Oates knows Orlov should be the first recall option, but doesn't like him and would take any excuse to choose someone else. He hears Orlov has pink eye and jumps on it. I also don't know the context of Oates' comment. I would guess a reporter asked him "why not Orlov?" (approximately) and he gave that answer.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Erskine was injured. Combined with Hillen's injury and (apparently) the coaching staff's lack of enthusiasm about Oleksy's play on his off-side, this meant a LHD needed to be recalled. Both Orlov and Schmidt have a higher salary than Carrick, so sending Carrick to Hershey doesn't clear enough salary to remain under the cap. Thus why Latta was sent down as well.

This, the organization was already utilizing performance bonus cushion space and LTIR to recall Latta and have the 23 players on the roster.

Wilson, Carrick, Latta, Urbom, Orlov, Schmidt all have performance bonuses in their contracts; all are waiver-exempt and of course, Wilson can't be sent to the AHL. So if you remove one of them from the Caps roster you also have to look at it from AAV and the cushion. By my math, Carrick and Latta's hits are low enough, a second player had to go down.

Caps are at home for the next few games. Carrick sat last game, too.
As to Orlov, the eye issue was reported yesterday before the Caps game.

Burakovsky95*

So....is there another underachieving team with high expectations whose needs line up with the Caps areas of strength and vice versa?

Maybe Philly or the Rangers? But I severely doubt either of those teams would deal with us.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
A reporter said it reminds them of groundhog day, and it really does.

At least the shortened season excuse was a pretty good one.

Burakovsky95*

I just don't know if we were to continue to trend downward this year what kind of trade we would even make. Yea a top 4 D is needed but that wouldn't change the culture of this team much. I just don't know if an impact trade is out there or if GMGM even has the balls to make one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad