Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Katie Carrera ‏@kcarrera 27s
Oates said he initially asked about recalling Dmitry Orlov from Hershey with #Caps in need of lefty shot. But Orlov’s out with pink eye.

****ing stink eye? You ******** me Orlov? Kid can't catch a break.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Katie Carrera ‏@kcarrera 1m
Oates said Erskine pulled something on the scramble in front that led to Nathan Gerbe’s game winner. Not sure how long he’ll be out.

Nate Schmidt is expected to make his NHL debut tomorrow against the Avs.

Jasper17

Apr 27, 2004
Hmmm seems like Orlov would of been the one called up, but has pinkeye. Schmidt farted on his pillow.

Well played Schmidt, well played.

I hope its true that Orlov would have been the one who was called up. No disrespect to any of the other guys we have. But I think Orlov is the best chance this team has of adding a top 4 defensman anytime soon. I think he has the talent to play top 4 minutes in the NHL this season if we can get him in the lineup.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Who else would play lol... Its obvious, its either Erskine is ready and they pointlessly recalled Schmidt or starts...

Would prefer Schmidt with Carlson over Urbom.

Liberati0n*

Oates said Erskine pulled something on the scramble in front that led to Nathan Gerbe’s game winner. Not sure how long he’ll be out.

Hopefully it's like Schultz's "broken ribs" (?) in the '09 playoffs and he's really just being benched indefinitely for sucking.

The Orlov thing just sounds like an excuse. I mean, seriously? The team doctor doesn't have access to eyedrops?

Jasper17

Apr 27, 2004

Nate Schmidt is expected to make his NHL debut tomorrow against the Avs.

I never want players to be injured. But is it wrong that I am happy he has a minor issue that can get him out of the lineup? That may be the only way to get some younger kids a chance. Hopefully they can take it.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Erskine would be eaten alive by the Avs speed, so this injury is a blessing. At least Schmidt will be able to keep up with the Avs forwards. Will be interesting to see if its Urbom or Schmidt on the 2nd pairing. I'd guess Urbom, but it wouldn't totally shock me if I was wrong.

The sad part here is given the Avs speed and relative lack of size, this is a match-up that Carrick might have looked pretty good in. Oh well.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Why? Isn't Volpatti the ideal healthy scratch at forward?
Assuming they must keep a 14th forward maybe but I don't think it's necessary. His presence helps subtract from the actual lineup at the moment and I don't think he brings anything to the table that Byers couldn't do if needed. I don't think he's really much of an asset. They could do worse I suppose but the difference between Volpatti and Byers or even Stoa is not much I don't think.

Edit: Keeping him up makes sense if they're waffling on sending Wilson back from a willing fighter standpoint but, then again, Latta would be just as willing. (And he'd actually have a place in the lineup over Beagle whereas Volpatti is merely fringe insurance.)

Last edited:

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Hopefully it's like Schultz's "broken ribs" (?) in the '09 playoffs and he's really just being benched indefinitely for sucking.

The Orlov thing just sounds like an excuse. I mean, seriously? The team doctor doesn't have access to eyedrops?

It's the contagious aspect they're likely worried about more than the symptoms.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
It's the contagious aspect they're likely worried about more than the symptoms.

Can't pike eye get pretty severe in the eye? I've never had bad pink eye but a quick google search shows that severe pink eye is not only pretty disgusting but also can be pretty painful. Orlov will get his shot eventually.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Oates said he initially asked about recalling Dmitry Orlov from Hershey with #Caps in need of lefty shot. But Orlov’s out with pink eye.

I recall the same sort of thing happened neuvirth a couple of times. I don't think he got any sympathy.

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC

He just never got past the sniffing butts stage, that's what that sounds like to me.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Why? Because Latta was sent down or becaue Orlov has pink eye? Both clearly GMGM's fault.

Referring more to everything. Trading a blue chip prospect for a top 6 guy whose playing 4th line minutes. Fehr at center. Erskine as a top 4 Dman. Integrating inexperienced players, especially on the blueline. Among other issues.

Koized

Oct 8, 2005
The fact that it took the organization this long to realize Carrick shouldn't be in the NHL is a joke.

Still can't believe they have Wilson up playing 6 minutes a game.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

It has to be an excuse. With 2 young kids that seem to get pink eye every other day once you put the drops in the eye that is perscribed to get rid of it you are no longer contagious and the pink eye is gone in a day.

Bummer Latta got sent down. I like his game.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
The fact that it took the organization this long to realize Carrick shouldn't be in the NHL is a joke.

Still can't believe they have Wilson up playing 6 minutes a game.

I'm betting once Erskine is healthy that Schmidt will be sent back down and Carrick (and Latta) will be back up. Unless Schmidt steals a job in the next game or two, that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad