Speculation: Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Why would any of us hate Green and want him to fail? In my opinion he's crucial to this team ever having a Cup run. I defend our players to a fault, and I did so with Green, but he's becoming indefensible. How many times this year have you watched him and said, "just what the **** is he doing?" I've probably said it 10 times this season, but he looks hammered drunk out there. Just brutal. If he's not scoring he's a liability, and he's not scoring.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Green isn't playing well right now. Malkin isn't playing well right now either. There are lots of stretches in a player's career where they don't have confidence and play subpar.

His injury history is well documented but at the end of last year and in the playoffs Green was excellent. Didn't he score like 11 goals in 18 games or something? Didn't that coincide with the Caps going 15-2-2 down the stretch? Its funny that Alzner was his partner then during that time.

Too much reactionary here. Its been 15 games. He'll turn it around. And no it doesn't help that his partner is an undrafted rookie cutting his teeth.

Once he gets rolling he will pile up the points. Just needs some confidence. 37 shots with no goals. That will change. Came close vs Florida but the post denied him. Just needs to get the monkey off his back.

I hope you're right. This team is winning in spite of 52's play right now. He should be the one carrying the game and covering for his rookie D partners, not the other way around.

capitalsrock

Sep 7, 2012
The forward line combos worked last night, but I still can see some improvement- this is my preference:

Grabovski-Backstrom-Ovechkin
Erat-Johansson-Brouwer
Chimera-Laich-Ward
Volpatti-Latta-Wilson

Grabovski is almost a point per game on the third line... He played Left wing for Toronto. Deserves a promotion to the first line. Demote Laich to the third and you got yourself a team.

Grabovski is a center

Liberati0n*

Green's problem is that he's "socially" Pejorative Slured and lacks confidence.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
I hope you're right. This team is winning in spite of 52's play right now. He should be the one carrying the game and covering for his rookie D partners, not the other way around.

He will turn it around. Just going thru a tough stretch of 15 games....15 games.

He is not Chris Pronger, Shea Weber or Zdeno Chara. He is a top flight generational offensive dman. That is what he is.

We could easily say Ovechkin went thru a tough stretch of 115 games where he looked disinterested. We could also say "hey Alex is making $9 million so we need him to play D as good as he plays O!" We'd be wrong and asking too much of him then. Its not his prime directive.

Why would any of us hate Green and want him to fail? In my opinion he's crucial to this team ever having a Cup run. I defend our players to a fault, and I did so with Green, but he's becoming indefensible. How many times this year have you watched him and said, "just what the **** is he doing?" I've probably said it 10 times this season, but he looks hammered drunk out there. Just brutal. If he's not scoring he's a liability, and he's not scoring.

Again..its 15 games. Malkin has been bad for the Pens. Would you suggest they bench him or would be better off jettisoning him?

Ofcourse you wouldn't. You just have to realize that players are human and will have down periods. You stick with them especially if they are unique talents like #52.

Patience

Liberation's problem is that he's "socially" Pejorative Slured and lacks confidence.

Fixed for you. I'm just as qualified to make those observations about you as you are to Green.

ALL players go thru stretches where they are confident and when they are not.

I don't even want to know what you really mean by being "socially" Pejorative Slured. Thats just a stupid thing to say but coming from you its not shocking.

By all accounts Mike Green is a good guy.

Liberati0n*

Socially Pejorative Slured. I don't know what else to call it. He does clumsy, awkward things and often lacks what most people would classify as "common sense," but I really don't think he's actually stupid. Green has generally been one of my favorite players; I don't say it with any malice, but that's the best I can describe what I see from him.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Socially Pejorative Slured. I don't know what else to call it. He does clumsy, awkward things and often lacks what most people would classify as "common sense." Green has generally been one of my favorite players; I don't say it with any malice, but that's the best I can describe what I see from him.

http://www.russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2012/12/03/mike-green-buys-drinks-for-caps-fans-at-front-page-arlington/

Yeah a "socially Pejorative Slured" guy would totally do this.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2013/04/15/mike-green-makes-up-with-twitter-critic/

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
What are you talking about? Have you really never heard the term "socially Pejorative Slured" before?

I'm talking about how he plays, anyway.

No I try to avoid using slang like that. I don't find Pejorative Sluration to be funny.

The guy lead the league in Goals as a Dman last year and is a 2 time Norris runner up.

You are totally the type of Caps fan who would run Murphy and Gonchar out of town too.

Liberati0n*

No I try to avoid using slang like that. I don't find Pejorative Sluration to be funny.

The guy lead the league in Goals as a Dman last year and is a 2 time Norris runner up.

You are totally the type of Caps fan who would run Murphy and Gonchar out of town too.

It's not supposed to be funny and has nothing to do with actual Pejorative Slured people. If you really can't understand that term I don't know how to help you.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA

He's socially fine. He may be dumb. Or perhaps he can't make sound, fast, decisions. That ability Is often misunderstood/under used/over looked in sports. Thing happen so freaking quickly. If you can't keep up, you look lost, indecisive, flat footed, etc etc.

All those abjectives have been used on Mike Green

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
He's socially fine. He may be dumb. Or perhaps he can't make sound, fast, decisions. That ability Is often misunderstood/under used/over looked in sports. Thing happen so freaking quickly. If you can't keep up, you look lost, indecisive, flat footed, etc etc.

All those abjectives have been used on Mike Green

I'm shocked as to how he could have possibly been :

2 time Norris runner up
first dman to score 30 goals in a season in over a decade
holds record for 8 consecutive games with a goal from a Dman
led league in goals by dman just last year
has 8 OT GWGs in his young career rightfully earning him the nickname of "game over green"

Yeah..he can't make sound, fast decisions. Think before you type my man.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I'm shocked as to how he could have possibly been :

2 time Norris runner up
first dman to score 30 goals in a season in over a decade
holds record for 8 consecutive games with a goal from a Dman
led league in goals by dman just last year
has 8 OT GWGs in his young career rightfully earning him the nickname of "game over green"

Yeah..he can't make sound, fast decisions. Think before you type my man.

Missing the point. Entirely.

Sports is also about reactions/instinct and god given talent. Green has that in spades. I don't see him being quick. I'd love to see pro players results on those tests that define quantitative reasonings and speed to do so.

You'll inevitably see the top scorers as bring the ones called "cerebral".... While the low scorers will be the "knuckleheads".

Anyway, we won't know, now will we? Anymore than we know Green is better than Leetch.

Roger that, Bob?

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Missing the point. Entirely.

Sports is also about reactions/instinct and god given talent. Green has that in spades. I don't see him being quick. I'd love to see pro players results on those tests that define quantitative reasonings and speed to do so.

You'll inevitably see the top scorers as bring the ones called "cerebral".... While the low scorers will be the "knuckleheads".

Anyway, we won't know, now will we? Anymore than we know Green is better than Leetch.

Roger that, Bob?

Clearly your argument, backed by statistical and concrete facts, cannot be refuted.

It seems your argument boils down to "uhhh...he's dumb..why? because I said so!" At least I backed up mine with stats/awards. You got nothing outside of "I watch him play and he is dumb"

And when did I say Green is BETTER than Leetch? I believe I used the word "comprable". But good try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->