Speculation: Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brad Tolliver

Terror Goes Into
Feb 17, 2004
Overtime
What are you using home runs per inning? I still don't get your idea to use "advanced statistics" from baseball and bring it to hockey. Traditional stats in hockey tell a different tale. Gretzky and Lemieux weren't great players?
Dennis Wideman was top 10 in defenseman scoring last year.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
first goal ppg from troy brouwer. 7 goals now. second goal created by hustle and pass from joel ward. 11 pts in 15 games. 2nd on the team in points. i wonder how much longer we are going to push on these players for being bad contracts and bad choices?

i will add the recent pickup in play from fehr, who i was against. mcphee rounding smacked around for that pickup.

lastly, i we sure that this team didnt start out in the toilet because of the new system and have now caught up and that this is the team mcphee was expecting to see?

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
first goal ppg from troy brouwer. 7 goals now. second goal created by hustle and pass from joel ward. 11 pts in 15 games. 2nd on the team in points. i wonder how much longer we are going to push on these players for being bad contracts and bad choices?

i will add the recent pickup in play from fehr, who i was against. mcphee rounding smacked around for that pickup.

lastly, i we sure that this team didnt start out in the toilet because of the new system and have now caught up and that this is the team mcphee was expecting to see?

Tough to say. In terms of special teams I can see it, but in general until they beat a better team than Tampa, who knows? Or, rather, who knows whether the system is good enough (if they have in fact picked it up)? D coverage is still an issue, if not *the* issue.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I think special teams are huge this year. They are calling everything. The PP doing good bodes very well for us. Our passing C's just keep loading up the gunners.

Our scoring overall is coming around. It doesn't take an expert to look at our slick passing C's and yes that includes MP, and know guys like Ward and Brouwer are going to pot goals. They cant help but score if they are smart enough to go to the net stick ready.

If the teams, offense, defense, and systems are working, there is only one thing left.

I wonder about tending.

Paging stat guy, I want to see soft goal stats. I don't care if a guy can halak 50 shots from the perimeter. I want to see who lets in soft goals.

While I am fine with 5-4 games we all know come playoff time, what will happen. Its back to win 2-1 or go home. Will we have to change our system if our goalies cant carry their load?

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
i think defensive coverage is an issue because the 2nd pair is a 3rd pair. carlson is struggling and gets lost. erskine is just slow. sometimes schultz and kundratek are better. notice that that pair was on the ice for the d zone face off with under a minute to go in the game last night.

the caps need a defenseman for the minutes erskine is playing.

i will admit it was pretty clear that alzner lost thompson on the breakaway goal. it was pretty clear he way he leisurely turned around and the look on his face that he didnt know he was there.

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
Sorry, I meant D zone coverage rather than D coverage. It's not just the Dmen that are getting lost. Granted, that may have more to do with the players than the system, but it is something they need to improve as much as they can, both the forwards and the Dmen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad