Speculation: Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap Part XLVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
If McKinnon's assessment of Thornton is accurate, then the Sharks did good by stripping him of his captaincy. They can make his life miserable still. I think if SJ made it clear they want him gone, he'd go.

aquablue

May 4, 2010
They will have to find a way to trade brouwer. Since I think they have mojo pencilled in as 2rw and will give him 4 million plus, brouwer is too expensive. I also think they should buyout laich this year. This is imperative if they want Sharp or Vrbata.

Last edited:

Turd Ferguson

Its a funny name
Apr 21, 2015
Canada
If McKinnon's assessment of Thornton is accurate, then the Sharks did good by stripping him of his captaincy. They can make his life miserable still. I think if SJ made it clear they want him gone, he'd go.

Thorton is a guy who is a competitor and is arguably a future HOF'er, but he is a baby at times. He showed it with his comments this year. Obviously I don't know him personally, but the goings on this year that made it to NHL.com are not rumors, they were said from his mouth. It was a backlash to comments made about him, but instead of taking the high road, or saying it behind closed door with his GM, he made said it publicly. What does that say about him?

Only things I'd want off S.J's roster would be Coture, Burns or Hertl. All them would require over payment so I don't anticipate any trades involving them or around Pavelski.

Stewie G

Needed more hitting!
Oct 19, 2009
I'm sorry, but I believe he's well within his right to respond publicly when he is disparaged publicly.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Trying the reenact the Canada vs Russia summit series? or 1980 Miracle on ice?

We all know how those both ended for the Russians...

This is probably going to come as a great surprise to you, but.. these are not the only games that Russia played.

Not that it's relevant in the first place.

I am sorry about your network connectivity problems :)

Stewie G

Needed more hitting!
Oct 19, 2009
If the truth is disparaging.....I guess.
According to Joe, it wasn't the truth.

All I've got to say is I've been here every day working hard. I haven't taken a sabbatical. He just needs to stop lying, shut his mouth

He doesn't seem like the kind of guy that just lashes out, so I imagine there was something to it.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Petry stays in Montreal for 6x$5.5M. Get those Green rights trade offers in GMs!

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Some lucky team can get him and Gleason -- a ready-made top pairing.

Why not Carolina? All they have to do is dump Semin.. for cheap.. and some money retained..

But actually.. if Green can stay healthy in a top-4 role, he'd be ok for some team at ~6.5M. That's a big IF, but surely worth the risk for somebody..

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Some lucky team can get him and Gleason -- a ready-made top pairing.

Why not Carolina? All they have to do is dump Semin.. for cheap.. and some money retained..

But actually.. if Green can stay healthy in a top-4 role, he'd be ok for some team at ~6.5M. That's a big IF, but surely worth the risk for somebody..

you mean third pairing?

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Yeah Green is going to get paid after that Petry deal. I'm sure we could get a pretty decent pick for his rights at this point. Dan Hamuis had his rights traded from Philly to Pitt for a 3rd in 2010. A 3rd would be a nice pick up as a consolation prize for letting Green walk and not moving him at the deadline (Which IMO was the right choice)

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
6.5 as ok?

In what universe is that not going to fail?

He's one groin injury from being done.

I like the guy, and he deserves all the money he can get, but someone's going to regret the contract they give him.

aquablue

May 4, 2010
Check out my latest roster ideas.

https://www.hockeyscap.com/armchair-gm/team/1551

Also, for the Sharp trade, the prospect could be Barber as I have put. However, if that is not enough to acquire Sharp, feel free to imagine Bowey, Vrana, etc.

This is a cup winning team. That top 6 is stellar. And we get rid of Laich by dumping him on VAN for Carrick and MoJo!

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Check out my latest roster ideas.

https://www.hockeyscap.com/armchair-gm/team/1551

Also, for the Sharp trade, the prospect could be Barber as I have put. However, if that is not enough to acquire Sharp, feel free to imagine Bowey, Vrana, etc.

This is a cup winning team. That top 6 is stellar. And we get rid of Laich by dumping him on VAN for Carrick and MoJo!

we can get way way way more than that for Brouwer. And i think like Brouwer, Fehr's time in DC should be up, that money should be given to playoff warrior Joel Ward.

Ovechkin-Backstrom-Vrbata
Sharp(he's a LW btw)-Kuznetsov-Ward
Burakovsky-UFA(Downie is a POS, F him)-Wilson
Chimera-Beagle-Latta

Last edited:

aquablue

May 4, 2010
we can get way way way more than that for Brouwer. And i think like Brouwer, Fehr's time in DC should be up.

I don't know who we could get for 3C who is affordable and can score.

aquablue

May 4, 2010
we can get way way way more than that for Brouwer. And i think like Brouwer, Fehr's time in DC should be up, that money should be given to playoff warrior Joel Ward.

Latta-Beagle-Galiev

Does that all fit under the cap? We would need a very cheap 3C with Ward's signing. I assume you are trading Chimera or buyout?

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014

Latta-Beagle-Galiev

How to they acquire both and have both under the cap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad