Speculation: Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap Part XLIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia
What would a line-up look like with Semin being the only acquisition as far as forwards?

Ovechkin - Backstrom - Burakovsky
Johansson - Kuznetsov - Semin
Brouwer - Beagle - Wilson
Chimera - Laich - Latta

Or something completely different.

Ovechkin - Backstrom - Wilson
Johansson - Kuznetsov - Brouwer
Laich - Burakovsky - Semin
Chimera - Beagle - Latta

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Any way, it's a player with sick hands and an insane shot. If Sasha is cheap, which he should be... Do it GMBM! What are we losing?

tmljeh19*

Boston didn't take back salary in the Lucic deal. What exactly makes you think they wanted to take back an RFA slotted to make more than 3m a year? You can't just stomp your feet here and whine about the Caps no trading MaJo for Lucic.

You just want to rant and rave. Fine. At least do it based on some logic, instead of your emotional bent at the time.

I would have made the same trade for Lucic without mojo in the deal and deal him elsewhere. My logic is he's going to take up 4 million and we have no spot for him. He's failed at center. He's not a scoring wing. But we keep forcing him to those positions

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Its easiest to replace the boardward cough work by shaping our offense a bit more into one that more resembles the teams in the stanley cup finals. Not, your 1983 Roidskins.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
The only thing is, didn't Brouwer have some choice words concerning Semin when he left?

Wasn't just Brouwer, I believe Holtby hopped on the band wagon after Brouwer had made his comments.

"Some nights you didn't even know if he was gonna come to the rink. It's tough to play alongside guys like those because you don't know what you're gonna get out of [them]." -- Troy Brouwer on Alex Semin.

Comments weren't that harsh when you look at them, can't honestly see that a bridge was burned with such a comment.

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia
Wasn't just Brouwer, I believe Holtby hopped on the band wagon after Brouwer had made his comments.

"Some nights you didn't even know if he was gonna come to the rink. It's tough to play alongside guys like those because you don't know what you're gonna get out of [them]." -- Troy Brouwer on Alex Semin.

Comments weren't that harsh when you look at them, can't honestly see that a bridge was burned with such a comment.

Brouwer talking about himself from the playoffs this year?

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009

That doesn't sound good no matter how you cut it and it wasn't just Brouwer.

Departed players like Bradley and Steckel had said some things.

Laich said some things about Semin when he was here too. Not that he's a terrible human being or anything...

How often you heard this..."He's more skilled than Ovie and has limitless potential"

Transalation? "He's a slacker that doesn't give it his all and is lucky he's as skilled as he is"

Some team is going to give him more than a 1 year $1 mil contract. You can bank on that.

Turd Ferguson

Its a funny name
Apr 21, 2015
Canada
So everyone has their feathers ruffled over Beagle over 1 million... Yet bringing Semin back at 3 million or under is ok? I don't get it. 950k-1 million or go back to Russia.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
That doesn't sound good no matter how you cut it and it wasn't just Brouwer.

Departed players like Bradley and Steckel had said some things.

Laich said some things about Semin when he was here too. Not that he's a terrible human being or anything...

How often you heard this..."He's more skilled than Ovie and has limitless potential"

Transalation? "He's a slacker that doesn't give it his all and is lucky he's as skilled as he is"

People change with age. Semin is 31, suffered 2 concussions and a broken wrist the past year, and was put on waivers by one of the worst teams in the league.

His value has completely plummeted and he might be looking at his last chance to redeem himself in the NHL.

If we take him back, I hope his best friend Ovi and Trotz go to him and say : "No more messing around, this is a serious team, you can GTFO if you're not going to give a 100% effort on and off the ice."

A healthy Semin will get the 25+ goals we're missing, let's roll the dice for a cheap price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad