Speculation: Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Jason Pominville asked to provide an 8-team no-trade list. Good top-6 RHW, though the right side seems crowded. As far as lefties go, Alex Burmistrov is a name that (according to Gary Lawless, Jets insider) has popped up recently.

Really, really like Pominville as a player. I'd be down with acquiring him. Figure out how to ship out some righties later.

Liberati0n*

Fehr and Ward are relevant as well. With Pominville, they'd have $21.5 million invested in RH wingers next year, without Fehr in the fold.

I just mean that he's going to require a top-six spot. Brouwer has actually established himself as a pretty good option at 2RW this year. Getting Pominville to put him or Brouwer on the third line doesn't make much sense.

realroadrage

Jun 20, 2010
Jason Pominville asked to provide an 8-team no-trade list. Good top-6 RHW, though the right side seems crowded. As far as lefties go, Alex Burmistrov is a name that (according to Gary Lawless, Jets insider) has popped up recently.

Captain, right? In that case, Pens will sign him. ;)

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
As far as "hockey trades" go, I wonder if a deal could be done around Perrault and Klesla. Neither is a rental, both are fairly easily replaced by guys already on their respective rosters, and both would be upgrades. Caps have to add, but probably not much.

Halpysback*

I don't see how Perreault's trade value is much greater than Loktionov's. Even factoring in the fact that Perreault is (semi) established in some role and the Rrrrrrrrrrrussian factor, there's no way his value is greater than a 3rd. Lokti went for a 5th despite having more potential.

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
Is this a good comparible?

154 Karl Alzner
WSH
D 35 1 3 4 -1 14 0 0 0 0 25 4.0 20:54

179 Ladislav Smid
EDM
D 34 1 2 3 -2 41 0 0 0 0 19 5.3 20:12

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
JayBo to the Blues (for a surprisingly decent return). Flames dismantling.

Go get Giordano. Do it.

Halpysback*

JayBo to the Blues (for a surprisingly decent return). Flames dismantling.

Go get Giordano. Do it.

If they're dismantling that would be great. I feel like they're gonna keep Giordano and Glencross in tow for the rebuild though.

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
Didn't realize the pick was lottery protected. Less than good, then, but not as bad as I would've expected with JayBo's contract and his reputation (wouldn't have expected him to get a first period). Also, giving Feaster a handicap when rating his deals...

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
His reputation is mostly undeserved, but I wouldn't give a first for him without CGY holding on to any of the salary.

Then again the Blues have a crapload of cap space, so that's a smaller issue for them.

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
Perreault + Neuvirth for Giordano?

Throw in Greg Burke and Brett Flemming and you know Feaster will bite.

(But seriously, they would be such an interesting potential destination for Neuvirth. Granted, Ramo is probably their guy next season, but if they're going to try and deal Kipper...)

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
His reputation is mostly undeserved, but I wouldn't give a first for him without CGY holding on to any of the salary.

Then again the Blues have a crapload of cap space, so that's a smaller issue for them.
But they do need to lock up Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk, Stewart & Berglund and I think they're a budget team typically as well.

The Flyers are so going to offer sheet their *****.

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
But they do need to lock up Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk, Stewart & Berglund and I think they're a budget team typically as well.

The Flyers are so going to offer sheet their *****.

Good point. I'd kill for any of those players.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Wish George(and management) would come to the realization that this team isn't going to do diddly poo and reload.

Pipe dream.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Good point. I'd kill for any of those players.
I'd guess they'll just end up moving guys like Jackman and/or Perron instead and McDonald does come off the books. Perron or McDonald would make for decent fits for the Caps I think.

Liberati0n*

I'd guess they'll just end up moving guys like Jackman and/or Perron instead and McDonald does come off the books. Perron or McDonald would make for decent fits for the Caps I think.

I'm still pissed about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad