Speculation: Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap Part LXII (Arbitration MADNESS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turd Ferguson

Its a funny name
Apr 21, 2015
Canada
I'm kinda rooting for Olli Jokinen. Let's get a Finn and slay all sorts of playoff demons.

1200 games played... 6 games of playoff experience. Until his first game, he probably thought hockey after april was a myth or an old wives tale and that all the players shook hands and went home until the next season to compete for the president's trophy.

CapsJunkie

Beaglchuck scores
May 3, 2014
Anchorage, Alaska
My guess is they're talking to Scott Gomez. Dude was on a tear last season for the devils and isn't going back. Caps need someone that can step in the 2c role until Backstrom comes back. I bet its around a mill

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Trotz said the NHL showed Ward's Game 5 interference as a coach's challenge example, and all 30 coaches present thought it was a goal.
per Prewitt

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
You need more than 2 PKers? Sometimes guys get tossed from the dot? Backstrom won't be back to start the year? Backstrom is coming off surgery and it probably wouldn't hurt to rest him a bit? Guys get hurt?

We have Brook Laich who can step in... he has historically been good on the PK and on faceoffs (besides last year). He's completely fine to step in for Beagle/Backstrom.

I think when you are looking for "need this and this" for a specific third or fourth liner, you're kind of nit picking. I think Caps just need to see what money they have left after Holtby/MoJo get their deals done and then just sign the best available player for the money that's left.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Trotz said the NHL showed Ward's Game 5 interference as a coach's challenge example, and all 30 coaches present thought it was a goal.
per Prewitt

Wasn't the goal actually reviewed though and they still didn't count it?

What hurts the most about this is that if 30 coaches all agreed it was a goal.... that means NYR's coach also agreed. If he's agreeing, It's obviously 100% a goal.

Dang.... we really were a bad call away from the ECF finals. Brutal.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Wasn't the goal actually reviewed though and they still didn't count it?

What hurts the most about this is that if 30 coaches all agreed it was a goal.... that means NYR's coach also agreed. If he's agreeing, It's obviously 100% a goal.

Dang.... we really were a bad call away from the ECF finals. Brutal.

God damned heartbreaking.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
It seriously changed the entire momentum of that series, but still unacceptable. Caps had 3 chances to put them away and failed to get it done.

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
per Prewitt

In other "heartbreaking calls against the Caps in crucial playoff games" memories, never forget: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GFcUEvZiAo#t=149

"If a defending player has been pushed, shoved, or fouled by an attacking player so as to cause the defending player to come into contact with his own goalkeeper, such contact shall be deemed contact initiated by the attacking player for purposes of this rule, and if necessary a penalty assessed to the attacking player and if a goal is scored it would be disallowed."

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I wish Trotz would have voted no goal, just to make a bigger story out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad