Speculation: Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap Part LXI ‎(FA sorta-Frenzy 2015) (Ward to SJ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
the last thread: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1920529

the rules: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_faq#faq_forum_rules

Reminder: Every thread is seeing multiple violations of the very first rule on the books. See the bold....

Posting Rules: Unacceptable Conduct
1) Flaming: Do not post any messages that harass, insult (name calling), belittle, threaten or mock other members. Debates are fine, but critique the opinion, not the person. Personal attacks are not permitted. Do not call other posters trolls. Do not use sweeping generalizations and plural pronouns to cloak personal attacks. For example if a poster(s) states that he thinks 'x' is a good idea, replying that "Anyone who supports 'x' is an idiot" is a personal attack. Do not start threads to call out and embarrass other members; or make posts about ignore lists.

If posters get on your nerves and you can't simply scroll past their posts put them on ignore and that's that. Don't brag about it or bring attention to it by telling others not to quote the user you're ignoring.

Also, if someone is breaking the rules, USE THE REPORT BUTTON--->
report.gif
located below their avatar. Don't flame back. There is no "code" on HF about not reporting others A community that helps manage itself with respectful use of the report function is what the owners and administrators of this site want. Just don't abuse it.

Last edited:

capsfan3

Feb 2, 2015
I really hope there are more moves to come. Great signing but we still have a hole that needs to be filled. I think moving for Sharp is still the way to go, maybe make it a 3 team deal in order for us to dump cap somewhere.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Ship out Brouwer for futures. Sign Fehr.

Johansson+ for Sharp?

Ovechkin-Backstrom-Williams
Sharp-Kuznetsov-Burakovsky
Laich-Fehr-Wilson
Chimera-Beagle-Galiev/Latta
Orpik-Carlson
Alzner-Niskanen
Schmidt-Orlov
Holtby
Grubauer

Make the numbers work Fishman/GMBM

third man in

Jul 27, 2007
Maryland
Ship out Brouwer for futures. Sign Fehr.

Johansson+ for Sharp?

Ovechkin-Backstrom-Williams
Sharp-Kuznetsov-Burakovsky
Laich-Fehr-Wilson
Chimera-Beagle-Galiev/Latta
Orpik-Carlson
Alzner-Niskanen
Schmidt-Orlov
Holtby
Grubauer

Make the numbers work Fishman/GMBM

I'm good with this. Lets make it happen GMBM.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
So when do we buy out Laich?

Believe the buy out period ended, thought it was from June 15 - 30. So in regards to Laich the alternative would be moving him/contract via trade. With Oilers signing Sekera, thought that they might be interested in trading LD Nikitin who's in the last year of a 4.5 contract. Laich and Nikitin's contracts are a wash as they are both earning 4.5 while Nikitin will be going into his contract year and Laich still has another year on his after this coming season. Nikitin might be a decent pairing with Orlov as the bottom pair.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Have to imagine GMBM isn't done. Kept pounding the table saying that the trade route is the way to go. I think something is brewing.

That seems to have been misdirection

I'm concerned that Ovie-Nick-Williams will have puck retrieval issues and fail to play at a high-enough tempo consistently - perhaps Williams is a better puck retriever than I'm aware of, but that doesn't solve the tempo issue. Not sure I wouldn't prefer:

Ovie-Nick-Bura
MoJo-Kuz-Williams
Chim-Beagle-Brouwer
Laich-Latta-Wilson

But the more I think about it, the more I think Ovie and Nick should be divided up at ES. Kuz's ability to drive play with tempo really backs off the D. And Mojo and Bura can do that as well to a lesser extent. I think both Ovie and Nick need players that drive play and back off the D, so they have more space to use their assets. So my real preference might be:

Ovie-Kuz-Williams
Mojo-Nick-Bura
ditto
ditto

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
You find a way to move two of Laich, Brouwer, or Johansson and you can bring Ward +Sharp/other trade target in. That'll set up a nice balance of forwards.

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
I was actually going to say this as well. No RFAs have been signed yet. Feels like he's working on something.

I really hope so. IMO, Williams is definitely for the top line.

On the second, Kuz is def the C and there are two wing openings and 3 candidates (Burakovsky, Brouwer, Johansson) and none of them are ideal. None of those 3 are ideal for the kind of 3rd line Trotz seemed to favor last year either (i.e. 25-21-42).

You find a way to move two of Laich, Brouwer, or Johansson and you can bring Ward +Sharp/other trade target in. That'll set up a nice balance of forwards.

This is my dream.

Apr 6, 2004
I can't seem to find it on twitter and I think it was The 4th Period who reported it but it referenced Caps in on Backes. Thoughts?

Jun 15, 2007
I can't seem to find it on twitter and I think it was The 4th Period who reported it but it referenced Caps in on Backes. Thoughts?

Backes seems like he would be expensive. Like one of Bura/Kuz + 1st at least.

As for Oshie, he seems a bit lazy. If he was Russian, he'd get as much flack as Semin.

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
I just don't think we can offer anything for Oshie that works for the Blues.

They're a team like us (good team, poor postseason performance). Oshie's a lot like Brouwer (top 6 winger regular season, postseason ghost). Maybe they trade him for futures and then replace him with someone with a good postseason record, but we're not in a position to offer them that directly. And at the end of the day, we don't need another Brouwer. We already have one too many.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Using the "Trotz type of player" model, would have to say Justin Williams fits it. I would think that GMBM would continue down this path in player acquisitions. Who else out there fits this model? Ward/Fehr do and even Brouwer, MAJO does not.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
RE: Williams - Good value signing. Term and $$ + playoff track record.

RE: Moving Bowey- Would be foolish in any trade. He is Carlson with grit.

RE: TJ Oshie - Moving young assets for a playoff choker? Negatory

RE: Wishful thinking in moving Laich - UFA market alone is telling. Besides we can use a PKer.

RE: Moving Brouwer - If it can be done we can resign Ward. Would be sweet.

RE: 3C - We need one with more offense then Beagle. Resign Fehr if $$ allows

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
GMBM has the advantage of 2 players who are still sitting here waiting to sign. The more they wait the better term we will get them with. I mean Ward and Fehr.

There are also prospects of keeping Ward and/or Fehr beyond next year. Which isn't that clear with Brouwer.

I'd do this swap if I'm GMBM. Trade Brouwer for anything and sign Ward.

Getting Backes would be fantastic but it's a pipedream or will be total overpayment. Trading Brouwer and signing Ward will give us more assets and good position for the deadline.

But... Backes with 4,5M caphit is what we could use for the all in season. If it's without Bura and Kuz, send them Bowey, Vrana, any picks and even LOB! Just I don't believe it, too. Oshie is the more probable target.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
Yeah, Im all in on trading Brouwer for whatever and bringing back Ward to fill that role.

Offer him the same contract as Williams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad