Speculation: Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap/Lines etc. Part LXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
We'd be crazy not to take Radulov if Trotz gives the approval. Let Chimera walk and your top 9 wingers, in some combination, are Ovie, Oshie, Burakovsky, Williams, Radulov, and Wilson. Yes, please.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
No no no no.

Trotz knows Radulov better than anybody here thinks they know about Radulov. If Trotz doesn't like the idea it would be stopped immediately, and that might be the case. But Radulov has always chased the money and unless he's taking a 1 year deal and Orpik is on the LTIR it's pointless.

Last edited:

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Why not? You wouldn't want another legit top line winger on the team? Imagine having this combination of forwards:

Ovechkin-Backstrom-Radulov
Burakovsky-Kuznetsov-Oshie
Vrana-Johansson-Williams
Winnik-Beagle-Wilson

1- RW is the position of greatest depth.
2- The team has a great locker room, and Radulov is a serious risk of disturbing that
3- He's extremely undisciplined as a player
4- There's absolutely no chance he signs a contract that would fit into the Caps' salary structure.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
2- The team has a great locker room, and Radulov is a serious risk of disturbing that
4- There's absolutely no chance he signs a contract that would fit into the Caps' salary structure.

1. You can never have too much depth.
2. What do you know about what's going on in the locker room and if Radulov would disturb the atmosphere inside the locker room?
3. I agree, that's one of his biggest flaws.
4. Obviously Radulov signing here is a pipe dream, but it would be crazy to have another player of his skill level.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
It would be great to have Radulov in D.C. even just for 1 year. This guy play with his heart and let everything he has on the ice everynight.

But I think he will cost too much. So I'd prefer to see him in the western conference.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto

Our 3RW is constantly being rotated, it's less solidified than LW, C, or RD. Besides, what the hell is too much depth? 2 and 3 can be answered by Trotz. And he might be affordable If he really wants to win and is willing to take a one year deal, and given his reputation he needs to work on it could be a good idea.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
1. You can never have too much depth.
2. What do you know about what's going on in the locker room and if Radulov would disturb the atmosphere inside the locker room?
3. I agree, that's one of his biggest flaws.
4. Obviously Radulov signing here is a pipe dream, but it would be crazy to have another player of his skill level.
1- In the salary cap era, yes you can, because you have to pay for it. Therefore, you have to deploy your available financial assets to need areas first.

2- I know how we've heard dozens of times this year how great the atmosphere is in the locker room, and I also know that Radulov has previously bailed on his teammates, hurt his team by breaking curfew (and getting himself suspended in the process) during the playoffs, and has been stripped of his captaincy. If you don't see how these things are potential issues then you just don't want to see it.

3- Yup.
4- Vrana is close enough to his skill level.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Our 3RW is constantly being rotated, it's less solidified than LW, C, or RD. Besides, what the hell is too much depth? 2 and 3 can be answered by Trotz. And he might be affordable If he really wants to win and is willing to take a one year deal, and given his reputation he needs to work on it could be a good idea.

too much depth is when you lose a player you want to keep. BMac is not going to sign a rw to push Wilson off the roster.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
too much depth is when you lose a player you want to keep. BMac is not going to sign a rw to push Wilson off the roster.

Who said anything about pushing him off the roster? Move Beagle to 4C and Wilson to 4RW. Don't resign Richards or Chimera, neither of whom are likely to be back next year anyway.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
I do have some intelligence from Eronko :P

I think I will keep it.

We will not know the destination for some time anyway. But I'm in a camp "if Trotz approves so do I".

Also, our position of strength is LW, not RW. Question marks all over RW side. But I doubt Radu is the difference maker.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
If Radulov signs cheap to try for a cup I'm all about it. He's easily a top six winger and would be the most offensively dynamic right winger on this current roster. Clearly if he's coming back to the NHL it's not about the money. Nobody is going to pay him what he's making in the KHL.

PucksInDeep

Oct 1, 2014
IF Radulov is willing to sign for cheap and IF Trotz is OK with it (and the rest of the Caps are OK with it), then you'd be stupid not to sign him.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Radulov wants to win the cup. Also he has his first newborn and seeks comfort for the young family.

Last 3 seasons he was the most paid hockey player in the world I think.

All points to him signing with Pens :P

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Who said anything about pushing him off the roster? Move Beagle to 4C and Wilson to 4RW. Don't resign Richards or Chimera, neither of whom are likely to be back next year anyway.

doing your best to keep Wilson a 4th liner? I guess the flaw in this entire argument is "If Trotz gives his approval." Sure, if Trotz says he wants the guy, sure. Of course that's the rub. He very likely wouldnt

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Radulov wants to win the cup. Also he has his first newborn and seeks comfort for the young family.

Last 3 seasons he was the most paid hockey player in the world I think.

All points to him signing with Pens :P

He probably will fail after being tried with Croz but will play well with Malkin.

The Canadian media will go into xenophobic hyperdrive. Lol.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
The one scenario where Radulov could make sense is if the Caps end up getting out-gunned by the Pens and they realize a stronger, more skilled top nine is essential. Even then the $$$ would be tough unless he comes cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad