Speculation: Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap/Lines etc. Part LXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
So, no input on Bozak if he came at a reduced rate (say @ 2.1M)?

.61 p/gp
56% FO
51.5 SAT%

Easy answer. The Caps are looking for one or two players to be a playoffs catalyst.
Bozak in his career has played in 5 Stanley Cup playoff games while winning exactly 1 of those games.

Lets start there. No to Bozak.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
‏Yeah, bullet dodged for sure. Florida bumps up their analytics guys, immediate dump Gudbranson and savage Benning in the process. Good start.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Hmm... I can come up with one idea only. It's banking cap space.

I mean, 8-19-92-77-14-90-65-43 = 8 players? Winnik, Beagle, Stephenson = 11, and it's pretty cheap. Add Galiev and 1 newcomer - that has to be way lower than the 74M cap.

Then at trade deadline you can strike. There should be some 1-year anti-draft contracts signed this summer too. Pretty good chance somebody will be available.

Banking 2..4M gives you a lot.

I don't like it if Wilson is the one "improving top-9". But I can't come up with better plan according to what was said by GMBM.

Loui or die.

Yeah, seems reasonable, as far as realistic options without rocking the boat (since, basically, "we like our boat").

Make small change (e.g. replace Chimera/Richards) in the summer, then maybe try to rent a difference maker by the deadline.

Otherwise, it would have to be a significant move, like moving MJ to land some long term solution at 3C. Not inconceivable, but I don't quite see the Caps doing that.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Yeah, seems reasonable, as far as realistic options without rocking the boat (since, basically, "we like our boat").

Make small change (e.g. replace Chimera/Richards) in the summer, then maybe try to rent a difference maker by the deadline.

Otherwise, it would have to be a significant move, like moving MJ to land some long term solution at 3C. Not inconceivable, but I don't quite see the Caps doing that.

If they're able to bring up Vrana and Barber this year, and Vrana can pull a Burakovsky, I think I could see Mojo moved for someone during the year. But I'd expect at least one, if not both, of them on our 4th line this year.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
MacLellan should be on the phone right now with Benning trying to dump Orpik for futures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad