Ace

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Could you imagine the photos and videos we'd have if we had smartphones back then? I'm kind of glad we didn't, I've seen enough horrific images from that day..
I cannot watch. It was so terrible. I hope the US learned something from this Like don't let folks on the "watch list" take jet lessons in Florida....

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
What scared me the most was 18 years ago the nearest fighter jet squadron to Manhattan was the Massachusetts Air National Guard.

9/11 Stories: The Fighter Pilots Who Got The Call
What creeped me out was the no planes for a couple of days but the fighter jets were flying over in NH. I was so sad. ...sigh. I have been depressed for awhile about the state of this country. I am looking forward to the start of hockey.

Going out on the Schooner was a nice break from the news.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
National Geographic has a full lineup of shows today. Viewer discretion.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
As some of you may know, I am a Blue Angels fan. A friend of mine stationed in Pensacola at the time got me this pic. Look at the flyover date. :cry:
20190911_180716.jpg

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Every time I read Brian Sweeney’s phone message to his wife, the last thing he ever got to say to her, I cry like a baby. It breaks my heart. I think about that almost everyday. I will never forget that day. Too many people forget these days. The unity this country had in the days after was something of beauty.

Reactions: BMC and Ladyfan

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Every time I read Brian Sweeney’s phone message to his wife, the last thing he ever got to say to her, I cry like a baby. It breaks my heart. I think about that almost everyday. I will never forget that day. Too many people forget these days. The unity this country had in the days after was something of beauty.
It is a haunting message and I also cry when I read it.

I yearn to get back to the unity we had in the days after

Reactions: Ladyfan

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
My step.father is one of the 8 surviving employees of Kanter Fitzgerald. He was walking into the lobby from a breakfast meeting when first plane hit. My brother and his then girlfriend had a condo in building next door. I didn't know for four days if they were alive. Step father still doesn't talk about the walk out of the tower or home to this day.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
My step.father is one of the 8 surviving employees of Kanter Fitzgerald. He was walking into the lobby from a breakfast meeting when first plane hit. My brother and his then girlfriend had a condo in building next door. I didn't know for four days if they were alive. Step father still doesn't talk about the walk out of the tower or home to this day.

I don't blame him for not talking about that, I've read accounts that there was plane wreckage, building wreckage & human remains on the ground as the survivors walked out of the building, it had to have been a horrific sight. :(

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Sending my thoughts to you and your family who had to experience that day first hand.

HockeyMomx2

Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
I don't blame him for not talking about that, I've read accounts that there was plane wreckage, building wreckage & human remains on the ground as the survivors walked out of the building, it had to have been a horrific sight. :(
Yes to all of that. What a lot of folks don't realize, is those people have many of the same health issues that first responders have. My stepfather has lost the right side of his facial bones and sinus', replaced with cadaver tissue and bones from other parts of his body, a brain infection that took him 5 years and completely learning downtime everything again. almost lost a foot to a bone infection. He just started driving again 6 months ago. All of this is from the breathing in of her fuel and biological matter and other things walking out of towers and away.

Reactions: BMC

HockeyMomx2

Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
Sending my thoughts to you and your family who had to experience that day first hand.
Thanks, at this point my heart just breaks for all he lost and has gone through physically and emotionally since. There's a wife/widow of one of his closest co-workers that lived in same block in North Flushing. He'd break down crying just seeing her at grocery store first few years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad