Ace

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I traveled to NY a year ago this month for the first time in my life. Got to venture through the memorial. Simply beautiful. Rather peaceful although the mass amounts of people surrounding it. Also while walking through the exhibits.

If you haven't been I recommend it although for many I'm sure it's a difficult thing to do....

My daughter was there with her boyfriend and his family this summer and since they lost a family member, they had access to a family area. She said it was an amazing experience

Reactions: JCRO and Spooner st

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
:cry:

WINS Newsradio 1010 audio ( video from CNN )

I ended up tuning into WCBS to find out what was really going on, my regular FM station had a news bulletin but that was it. This was after my mother had called me at the office to tell me the first plane had hit. While we were talking she said "Oh no there's another plane" and we both knew something very bad was happening. I and the staff spent the entire day glued to the radio. Nothing got done. I don't remember if anyone called us but I doubt it and I know no one came in, I think the entire country came to a screeching halt while this happened.

My nephew was 2 1/2 and my niece was on the way, she would be born in January. For them this day is something they read about in history class. They have no conception as to how much has changed in our country since that day. Life was truly cut in half- there was the time before 9/11 and there is the time since 9/11. The gulf is enormous for those who remember.

For me 9/11 is always hard, the emotions are as strong now as those I experienced on that terrible day. I still cannot read/watch/hear anything about it without having a strong emotional & physical response and I now understand I never will be able to.

Reactions: Spooner st

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Worst day of my life by far. To this day, I can’t and won’t watch any video of the attacks. When it comes on TV, I change the channel.

I’ve always felt that this could have been prevented, and SOMEONE should have gone to jail for the inexcusable negligence that allowed 9/11 to happen. The rage I feel over this hasn’t lessened one bit in 18 years.

Five rejections from the Army since then for a chronic medical issue didn’t help, either, and I observe September 11 every year by watching “Zero Dark Thirty.”

This may be of interest to some of you... Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the alleged mastermind of the 9/11 attacks is set to go on trial on January 11, 2021 for his crimes. He has been in American custody since early 2003. I follow this stuff very closely.

We all know that there is only one way this trial should end.

“For God and country - ‘Geronimo.’”

Last edited:

aguineapig

Thanks, but i really didn't write it. A big Sher-Wood came down from the sky with the words. I just held the paper. Ace, always a Bruin, never forgotten.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
3 days afterwards I saw this picture on the front page of the Daily News and she was helping people get out of the lobby and then I read the words - Officer Smith went back inside. :cry:

14292319_1291157760929365_4804759868413397299_n.jpg

Saw this post this morning, and ran across this link in the afternoon. Thought people might be interested.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Could you imagine the photos and videos we'd have if we had smartphones back then? I'm kind of glad we didn't, I've seen enough horrific images from that day..
I'm glad we didn't have them back then because the thought of what people would video/photograph and then spread via social media makes my stomach churn.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Worst day of my life by far. To this day, I can’t and won’t watch any video of the attacks. When it comes on TV, I change the channel.

I’ve always felt that this could have been prevented, and SOMEONE should have gone to jail for the inexcusable negligence that allowed 9/11 to happen. The rage I feel over this hasn’t lessened one bit in 18 years.

Five rejections from the Army since then for a chronic medical issue didn’t help, either, and I observe September 11 every year by watching “Zero Dark Thirty.”

This may be of interest to some of you... Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the alleged mastermind of the 9/11 attacks is set to go on trial on January 11, 2021 for his crimes. He has been in American custody since early 2003. I follow this stuff very closely.

We all know that there is only one way this trial should end.

“For God and country - ‘Geronimo.’”

Have you read the Peter Lance trilogy on it or the Looming Tower?

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
I'm glad we didn't have them back then because the thought of what people would video/photograph and then spread via social media makes my stomach churn.

Absolutely. I accidentally stumbled onto a website with some disturbing images from that day. I wish I could un-see them...because nobody should see that...

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Absolutely. I accidentally stumbled onto a website with some disturbing images from that day. I wish I could un-see them...because nobody should see that...

My friends son was there that day. He was told to go back to his office, his building was secure. he did. Then said I'm getting out of here. Others followed. Half his office took the elevator and half the stairs. He took the stairs. Half way down the second plane hit. Those who took the stairs made it out, the other half did not. He has been in therapy ever since because of what he saw outside. We talked about it a few years ago and I still can't get it out of my head.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Have you read the Peter Lance trilogy on it or the Looming Tower?

Never heard of them.

I’m very selective with what I read about 9/11 because it’s a very emotional topic for me and there isn’t a lot out there that’s objective.

Thanks for the heads-up. I’ll look into it.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
My friends son was there that day. He was told to go back to his office, his building was secure. he did. Then said I'm getting out of here. Others followed. Half his office took the elevator and half the stairs. He took the stairs. Half way down the second plane hit. Those who took the stairs made it out, the other half did not. He has been in therapy ever since because of what he saw outside. We talked about it a few years ago and I still can't get it out of my head.

Wishing him the best. I just saw pictures, can't imagine what it was like to live it..

Reactions: LouJersey

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I'm real careful with the stuff I read about 9/11 because of this.

I'm in the minority in that I will watch certain specials (often times sobbing through them) or read certain books but one thing I will not watch are those that show the people who jumping.

I just can't.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Never heard of them.

I’m very selective with what I read about 9/11 because it’s a very emotional topic for me and there isn’t a lot out there that’s objective.

Peter Lance is absolutely phenomenal. You should read his three books, 1000 years for Revenge, Cover Up and Triple Cross.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Never heard of them.

The Looming Tower is a history of how the cell started, how OBL came to power and ultimately how this happened.

The other book rooted in fact and objectivity is " The Fall and Rise: The Story of 9/11" by Mitchell Zutkoff. Get the audiobook as he reads it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->