ACC getting a new jumbotron

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Can they install a Giant Boot that kicks the Suits out from under the seats 5 mins before each period so the seats don't look so damn empty 5 mins into each period?

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
33ayqs1.jpg

2ic5g6v.jpg

interestinggggg

Jatt

Sep 28, 2005
Is it my eye, or does that not seem smaller than the one they had before...?

It's Bell and Rogers, they looked at Tampa and Colorado's jumbotrons and thought "Hmmm okay, given our business model and looking at our American counterparts, how do we deliver half of what they do while charging double for it?"

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
It's Bell and Rogers, they looked at Tampa and Colorado's jumbotrons and thought "Hmmm okay, given our business model and looking at our American counterparts, how do we deliver half of what they do while charging double for it?"

lol!

Sad thing is I'm not sure you are all that far off.

member 147413

More excited about the old one going to Ricoh... That **** was pure garbage...

Goatman

Sep 20, 2009
London
I may be in the minority here, but I think the Colorado, and Tampa scoreboards are generic, and ugly looking, I hope whatever Toronto's turns out to be like it's better looking than Tampa's.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I don't find the ACC all that generic. The gondolas on either end of the arena are quite unique and instantly recognizable.

Something like the Wells Fargo Center in Philly I would call your generic NA arena

sixers-wells-fargo-center-680-uw.jpg

How many other arenas have you visited though?

Each arena has their slightly unique visual characteristic to set it apart from the rest, but for the most part they are the same.

There's very little unique about watching a game at the ACC - most of the more memorable portions of a Leaf game experience come from things around the arena, like Real Sports, etc.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I would have preferred something clean like Tampa Bay's than something fussy like what they're putting in.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
I may be in the minority here, but I think the Colorado, and Tampa scoreboards are generic, and ugly looking, I hope whatever Toronto's turns out to be like it's better looking than Tampa's.

I've been to a game in Tampa but not since they installed their new jumbotron, so I can't say how it is in person.

But I do agree. From the pictures of it, I think I'd prefer something more along the lines of MSG's (posted by another poster above).

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
Nevermind... i just saw the leaf is going to be held in the middle and visible from underneath and the corners

NotSince67*

yes. and i want a new song.
like something you can sing to/chant to. like I love/hate the Rangers. I love/hate Chicago's. Boston uses our old one

just like. if you were a fan you just leap up and you can go __________________ with the goal song/horn. and if you were not the fan - you're like guh. they scored again.

Turbulence was pretty good.

Last edited by a moderator:

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
I will reserve judgment until I see the finished product but the Leaf at the top looks strange as of right now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad