ACC getting a new jumbotron

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Needs more Organ.

Couldn't agree more. Maybe not an organ (as that was Chicago's gig)...but something unique to the arena to let you know you are at the ACC. There is nothing unique there. At least they are starting to put up a few statues.

I am surprised they don't have an area (or maybe a statue) that describes how the Leafs got their name. Most fans have no idea.

The organ at the old Chicago stadium was awesome.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Couldn't agree more. Maybe not an organ (as that was Chicago's gig)...but something unique to the arena to let you know you are at the ACC. There is nothing unique there. At least they are starting to put up a few statues.

I am surprised they don't have an area (or maybe a statue) that describes how the Leafs got their name. Most fans have no idea.

The organ at the old Chicago stadium was awesome.

Once again, I am amazed at the crap people seem to care about. I go to the ACC to watch a hockey game. To a large extent, anything other than the game itself is just noise that doesn't really register. Incidentally, I'm not referring to the Jumbotron here -- that I consider a direct part of the hockey game.

Given that there's a good chance that the official story is complete bull and Smythe simply "copied" the name of the Toronto minor league baseball team, is it any surprise that there is nothing about how the team got the name?

ldnk

Apr 8, 2009
Typical MLSE...only in it for the money. They wouldn't be doing this if people weren't going to come out to the arena in droves to watch the game on the jumbotron.

I don't get how there are any negative comments towards this. Anything that makes the fan experience better should be applauded not criticized.

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
Once again, I am amazed at the crap people seem to care about. I go to the ACC to watch a hockey game. To a large extent, anything other than the game itself is just noise that doesn't really register. Incidentally, I'm not referring to the Jumbotron here -- that I consider a direct part of the hockey game.

Given that there's a good chance that the official story is complete bull and Smythe simply "copied" the name of the Toronto minor league baseball team, is it any surprise that there is nothing about how the team got the name?
I think I saw some kids playing on your lawn this morning.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Needs more Organ.

Amen! Of all the arenas I have been to (NHL, OHL, QMJHL) it seemed like the ACC had the least organ of anywhere. Was/is there even one at the ACC? Because I can not recall hearing it.

On the organ tip, last Sunday's Blue Jays game was great. They seemed to have toned down the in-your-face pop and rap music before the game because the organ player was going for a good 30 or 40 minutes during pre-game. I love the way an organ player can seamlessly fade between songs (as opposed to the canned crap we get at most sports venues).

Oh look, Rojac doesn't care about something. I have yet to encounter another poster who is so concerned with letting people know how little he cares about stuff.

Anyway, I hope we get a gigantic, ostentatious, Jerry Jones-esque scoreboard.

Leafin

Apr 2, 2009
They definitely need to change the goal song. The one last year was more depressing than anything.

Leafin

Apr 2, 2009
Ok well i clearly can't get that video to work on this site.

The song is Tsunami- Dvbbs. Overplayed but a track even a casual fan can get behind and hum to.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Nice, the old one was awful. and I hated how the penalties were kept track of on separate TV's like 3 feet above the main screen. Just a terrible layout.

Agreed. I brought my dad To a game and he remarked how hard it was to figure out who had a penalty. It's embarrassing.

I was in Tampa to watch the leaf game and I was blown away by their jumbo tron. Sitting three rows away from the glass on the goal line, when the puck went down the ice it so easy to look up and watch the screen to see what's happening on the other end of the ice.

Center Ice Scrum*

Aug 20, 2010
The World Wide Web
And the Leafs are pleased to select with the 4th overall pick -- from the Kingston Frontenacs of the Ontario Hockey League -- Lawson Crouse. :laugh:

Some people just don't get it...

We're getting a gigantic scoreboard to compensate for the small players we'll be drafting and putting out on the ice. Little 5'11 Nylander and Marner will need to be larger then life on the scoreboard (literally) to make an impact in the eyes of their haters.

:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad