ACC getting a new jumbotron

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
I'm almost more happy about the Ricoh getting a nice upgrade. Their current one is pretty humble.

l.jpg

Socreges

Oct 10, 2013
Great news! We'll need a modern, state of the art scoreboard to showcase this team when Shanny and the boys turn it around! :handclap::handclap::handclap:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
toronto's the richest ****en team n the price these cats pay for seats they shud all have cup holders

Agreed. I always add that comment on the surveys they send, falls on deaf ears.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
It's going to be strange going to the ACC and not seeing that Red Maple Leaf jumbotron there.

To be honest, with the way the ACC is such a generic rink compared to the rest of North American hockey rinks, the jumbotron was one of the few things that kept it truly unique.

Let's hope they have a really cool memorable one up there now.

Jackson14

Feb 23, 2013
It's going to be strange going to the ACC and not seeing that Red Maple Leaf jumbotron there.

To be honest, with the way the ACC is such a generic rink compared to the rest of North American hockey rinks, the jumbotron was one of the few things that kept it truly unique.

Let's hope they have a really cool memorable one up there now.

I don't find the ACC all that generic. The gondolas on either end of the arena are quite unique and instantly recognizable.

Something like the Wells Fargo Center in Philly I would call your generic NA arena

sixers-wells-fargo-center-680-uw.jpg

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Toronto needs a new stadium, with seats like the VIP movie theatres (at least). Nothing pisses me off more than paying $300+ to sit in those tight, crowded, uncomfortable seats with no cup holders and watching the team get blown out with no compete at all, it makes you want to throw a jersey.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Toronto needs a new stadium, with seats like the VIP movie theatres (at least). Nothing pisses me off more than paying $300+ to sit in those tight, crowded, uncomfortable seats with no cup holders and watching the team get blown out with no compete at all, it makes you want to throw a jersey.

Not sure if serious or not. If you are serious. Come to Edmonton and take in a game in the lower bowl in the corner with no leg room. I've done a tour of the ACC and I sat in the lower bowl briefly and I cant believe how much more space there is for leg room compared to Rexall Place. Boohoo they dont have cup holders big whoop.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Not sure if serious or not. If you are serious. Come to Edmonton and take in a game in the lower bowl in the corner with no leg room. I've done a tour of the ACC and I sat in the lower bowl briefly and I cant believe how much more space there is for leg room compared to Rexall Place. Boohoo they dont have cup holders big whoop.

Unless you're right behind the glass, the leg room is tight. I guess it depends on how big you are as well. Plus, for the price you're paying - you should at least get comfortable seats. Edmonton is getting a new stadium too... the Leafs should follow suit. It's basically impossible for someone to walk into your row without you standing up...

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
The ACC is what? 17-18 years old? I know the building is older but they've played there since '98? Leafs dont need a new stadium. Its located in a great area right next to Union. Where exactly would they put a new stadium if you had it your way?

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
The ACC is what? 17-18 years old? I know the building is older but they've played there since '98? Leafs dont need a new stadium. Its located in a great area right next to Union. Where exactly would they put a new stadium if you had it your way?

Centre Island. ;)

Northern Dancer

The future ain't what it used to be.
Mar 2, 2002
5 K from the ACC
Unless you're right behind the glass, the leg room is tight. I guess it depends on how big you are as well. Plus, for the price you're paying - you should at least get comfortable seats. Edmonton is getting a new stadium too... the Leafs should follow suit. It's basically impossible for someone to walk into your row without you standing up...

LOL, the ACC is 17 years old !!!! No problems with the ACC it is a huge improvement over MLG and as mentioned above, the location is perfect.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Im not from Toronto but wasn't the building thats now the ACC an old post office? Or something around that? I remember when they were in the last season at MLG and that they were going to move into the ACC I was thinking "Where the hell is that?" I didn't know they had a new building already for the Leafs.

Northern Dancer

The future ain't what it used to be.
Mar 2, 2002
5 K from the ACC
Im not from Toronto but wasn't the building thats now the ACC an old post office? Or something around that? I remember when they were in the last season at MLG and that they were going to move into the ACC I was thinking "Where the hell is that?" I didn't know they had a new building already for the Leafs.

They kept some of the walls from the old post office site for historical reasons.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON

There was certainly a lot of news around the Toronto area about the arena. The Leafs and Raptors were unable to come to an agreement on a new arena, so the Raptors started work on the Air Canada Centre which would have been basketball only (or at least basketball-centric). The Leafs then bought the Raptors and their under-construction arena and made several design changes to the building to make it much more suitable for hockey -- thus leading to the ACC we have today. It was also at that time that Maple Leaf Gardens Limited became Maple Leafs Sports and Entertainment.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
There was certainly a lot of news around the Toronto area about the arena. The Leafs and Raptors were unable to come to an agreement on a new arena, so the Raptors started work on the Air Canada Centre which would have been basketball only (or at least basketball-centric). The Leafs then bought the Raptors and their under-construction arena and made several design changes to the building to make it much more suitable for hockey -- thus leading to the ACC we have today. It was also at that time that Maple Leaf Gardens Limited became Maple Leafs Sports and Entertainment.

Good to know. Thanks.

I was in MLG in 2011 for the first time in almost 20 years and it felt so awkward walking through Loblaws thinking this is where the Leafs used to play.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
We've had the same jumbotron since the ACC opened, so it was due.

Hopefully this is the beginning to more renovations in the ACC.

Side Note: does anyone else want a new horn? I feel like we should have a unique one

The should try to embody what it means to be in the ACC.
So...maybe a cricket-sound? Or maybe a toilet flushing.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
toronto's the richest ****en team n the price these cats pay for seats they shud all have cup holders
Yeah, it's crazy. I was even at an Athletics game in Oakland on Saturday, and even the O.co has cupholders, and it's considered one of the worst stadiums in the continent...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad