Prospect Info: Abramov Leaves for KHL

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Good for Abramov

Better money, back home after years, might get his pro career really "on track" and could still come back to the NHL in a few years to make serious money after he's an established KHL star (yes, like Dadonov. They're actually kinda similar when you think of it lol)

Wold have been stucked in a number's game here and would have need to wait for a trade to get a real chance but with how things have been with the last 2 Covid seasons, he's probably making the right decision. He can just come back to the NHL later

And what the "defendors at all costs" still don't understand is that it's not losing Balcers on waivers in itself that was stupid (I mean if you're a stacked team and lose Balcers on waivers, it's understandable). It was waiving him to make sure you don't waive guys like Stepan, Anisimov (good careers but done at the NHL level), Paquette (really didn't want to be in Ottawa), Galchenyuk (that we were not going to put in a position to succeed anyways). It's for that reason that it was very shortsighted

Heck I would have prefered Balcers to play Center than either Stepan or Anisimov.

I mean, what happened towards the beginning of the season and the 2-12-1 record (which cost a playoff spot in the end), pretty much validated our whole complaining about Dorion moves... The team improved DRASTICALLY as his offseason mistakes got fixed.

We have a new phrase

Defendors at all cost

Well done

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad