Prospect Info: Abramov Leaves for KHL

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Not surprising at all, we heard the rumours for around a month now.

Ottawa’ll likely retain his rights so if he becomes the next Dadonov, he’ll likely return to Ottawa.

Reactions: NB613

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
That’s too bad for him I say.

Was close to making the nhl. Probably would have got a shot with someone here.

Should have stuck it out a bit longer if he wanted to make the nhl.
Maybe he preferred the KHL at this point with everything going on. ?

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
I’d probably do the same thing if I was him. Hopefully he tears it up and we hold onto his rights if he wants to come back. Disappointing but we have so much prospect depth I’m not that upset about it.

Second Duchene trade not looking too hot so far.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Yeah that’s some bad agenting if you ask me.
Hope it works out for him somehow.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Could see this one coming...He wants to make some money and has been passed on the depth chart...

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Great news for him and the Senators.

Traktor can develop him from here. The team and Abramov avoid the bad blood of being called up and sent down as he grows his game. If he's good enough to be an NHLer he will be back, and it will be as a cost controlled, developed adult.

I hope he loves his time back in Russia.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Great news for him and the Senators.

Traktor can develop him from here. The team and Abramov avoid the bad blood of being called up and sent down as he grows his game. If he's good enough to be an NHLer he will be back, and it will be as a cost controlled, developed adult.

I hope he loves his time back in Russia.

Which leads to the question, how good is Traktor at developing and refining young players?

Nosswor

Jun 24, 2016
Which leads to the question, how good is Traktor at developing and refining young players?

Well their youth program has produced Kuznetsov, Kravtsov, and Abramov.

In terms of their development of 19-25 year olds, hard to tell. They've been super reliant on imports such as Tomas Hyka over the last season. Abramov should get a lot of reps with Teemu Pulkkinen, who has shone since moving to the KHL.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Well their youth program has produced Kuznetsov, Kravtsov, and Abramov.

In terms of their development of 19-25 year olds, hard to tell. They've been super reliant on imports such as Tomas Hyka over the last season. Abramov should get a lot of reps with Teemu Pulkkinen, who has shone since moving to the KHL.

Well, I hope it works out. For his sake, at least.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016

Which then leads to a question of nature vs nurture. If he is good enough, I think he'll make it work. If it doesn't work, its on him.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Whatever - he goes over and develops more and if he comes back we have his rights but at worst hopefully he a makes a lot more money and has a blast in an offensive league.

There are a number of players looking to get a chance with Ottawa so maybe this allows one of the newer shiny players a quicker route.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
I'd imagine his outlook of things would have been different if COVID didn't ravage the last two seasons.

He's played two seasons of reduced schedule, which in itself cut down opportunities with the NHL, and to boot, he had to do all that in isolation away from family.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Not unexpected. Good luck to him. Not sure he would make the big club even next year and I think KHL is best option for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad