GDT: Abbotsford Canucks PLAYOFFS GDT | AHL.TV | Abby WINS, Going to R2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
What's the update on Podkolzin? Could he be healthy in time to join the team for a play-off run?
I don't think we've had an update on his injury yet.

How good is this team really though, can it seriously have a shot at going to the finals?

Because I look at my defense, and I can’t see a lot of teams having that kind of depth
This team, if they can keep playing disciplined hockey, can go deep. They've been really stingy defensively for a good stretch of games now and both goalies are playing very well.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
And Hoglander will sign for much less than a few of our other wingers. Podkolzin Hoglander in - total cap hit = 3 million (est.) Boeser Beauvillier out - total cap hit 11 million
D’ya mind showing your math on deleting Boeser and Beauvillier without taking back salary?

Reactions: quat

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I'm loving Brandon Astle's work as the play-by-play guy on Abbotsford Canuck broadcasts and on AHL-TV.

He's so pumped for these games, and kind of reminds me of a young Rick Jeanneret with his goal calls.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
I'm loving Brandon Astle's work as the play-by-play guy on Abbotsford Canuck broadcasts and on AHL-TV.

He's so pumped for these games, and kind of reminds me of a young Rick Jeanneret with his goal calls.
There are things about his call that I like, but he'll go further if he learns to end phrases and sentences on a downward inflection instead of an upward, interrogatory squeak.

I don't think we've had an update on his injury yet.

This team, if they can keep playing disciplined hockey, can go deep. They've been really stingy defensively for a good stretch of games now and both goalies are playing very well.
There was an update in Canucks Army, saying it was a hand injury, and he was doubtful for the opening series. That suggests it's possible he'll be in at some point in the next round.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
VanJack is your dad?
wtf-gif.gif

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
D’ya mind showing your math on deleting Boeser and Beauvillier without taking back salary?
problem with moving Boeser is the value we get back. If we give them away for free then somebody will take them for sure considering the FA market sucks and only a handful of teams are thinking about rebuild and most are focused on getting better

Petey But Really Jim

Sponsor
May 3, 2021
problem with moving Boeser is the value we get back. If we give them away for free then somebody will take them for sure considering the FA market sucks and only a handful of teams are thinking about rebuild and most are focused on getting better
I’ve got my dubiousnesses all lined up in a row on this one.

Reactions: quat and Lindgren

Petey But Really Jim

Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I mean if anything the most recent trade deadlines shows that a lot of what is seen as untradeable contracts are quite tradeable.
Just out of curiosity, how do you rank the Bermuda Triangle cap vanisher trio of wingers? Like given your preference, who stays and goes and what you’d try to do.

Brock
Garland
Tito

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Just out of curiosity, how do you rank the Bermuda Triangle cap vanisher trio of wingers? Like given your preference, who stays and goes and what you’d try to do.

Brock
Garland
Tito
Garland might be the easiest to move, rumor had it we were offered a 2nd for him last off-season.

Brock, who the f*** knows if he has value, I wouldn’t be surprised if a team comes in and go for him.

Wtf is Tito?

Petey But Really Jim

Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Garland might be the easiest to move, rumor had it we were offered a 2nd for him last off-season.

Brock, who the f*** knows if he has value, I wouldn’t be surprised if a team comes in and go for him.

Wtf is Tito?
Oh, that’s apparently Beauvillier’s nickname. I got lazy. Maybe that name stayed back on Long Island. One point I wanna clarify is my names order there wasn’t a ranking. I just thought of their names in that order.

Anyway I think they’re gonna try it again with Brock.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Garland has shown he can be effective in a bottom 6 role, so that gives him an edge imo. Boeser is clearly the best offensive player of the 3, but also the most limited away from putting up points. Beau is cheapest and has shown he can play with skill players, at least for stints.

I'm a big Boeser fan. Find him to be the type of human being that is easy to cheer for. Also think he's shown he's probably the best mesh with either EP or JTM. But we need to redistribute cap away from the wings, so he's still the guy I expect will be moved.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Oh, that’s apparently Beauvillier’s nickname. I got lazy. Maybe that name stayed back on Long Island. One point I wanna clarify is my names order there wasn’t a ranking. I just thought of their names in that order.

Anyway I think they’re gonna try it again with Brock.
I mean there were interest in Brock but teams wanted Canucks to take money back and we want additional asset to take cap.
It wouldn’t be surprising if one team get desperate considering the FA market is crap this year.

Petey But Really Jim

Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I mean there were interest in Brock but teams wanted Canucks to take money back and we want additional asset to take cap.
It wouldn’t be surprising if one team get desperate considering the FA market is crap this year.
I mean try to have him work out here. He’s been laying it on hard through the media to stay.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Brock always says the right things but his actions dont match his words. If he comes to camp out of shape he is going to be demoted to 3rd line minutes fairly quickly. Even if he comes to camp in adaquet shape. Kuzmenko is more skilled an Garland is a better fit on the 2nd line then he is so he may find himself in 3rd line minutes anways.

Petey But Really Jim

Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Why not just play a line of:

Garland - Beaulivier - Boeser

See what happens.
I say it’s because Beauvillier and his brutal inconsistency does not profile well as a qualified NHL 3c which we need because we are all in.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

Arshdeep within the community today.

If he makes it to the NHL, he will be so unbelievably huge in the lower mainland.

I think it’s gonna happen next season. If it weren’t for recall limits post TDL, I think he’d have gotten in this year. But I’m sure he’ll get at least a game next season. And he’ll definitely have a ton of people rooting for him.

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
I think it’s gonna happen next season. If it weren’t for recall limits post TDL, I think he’d have gotten in this year. But I’m sure he’ll get at least a game next season. And he’ll definitely have a ton of people rooting for him.

Count me in on the Bains fan club. I made a substantial bet with a friend tonight that he would play a game with the Canucks during the regular season or playoffs in 2023-2024. His development this year has been incredible - would be a feel good story and a marketing dream for the Canucks as well.

Petey But Really Jim

Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Count me in on the Bains fan club. I made a substantial bet with a friend tonight that he would play a game with the Canucks during the regular season or playoffs in 2023-2024. His development this year has been incredible - would be a feel good story and a marketing dream for the Canucks as well.
How substantial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad