GDT: Abbotsford Canucks PLAYOFFS GDT | AHL.TV | Abby WINS, Going to R2

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I know 'conventional wisdom' has Arturs Silovs getting the bulk of the starts in Abbotsford next season and the Canucks going out to find another veteran goalie to back up Demko.

Problem is, this cap-strapped team doesn't have the money to sign another veteran goaltender. Beginning to think that the backup job in Vancouver will be Silovs' to win or lose in training camp.

And it'll be Martin getting the majority of the starts in Abby; with recent signee Nikita Tolopilo as the young apprentice backup goalie. The thing is Tolopilo is actually two years older than Silovs.

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
So do we either play Calgary or Colorado next in a best of 5?

This playoff format is so confusing

Injured

And that arena looks NUTS - trying my best to spot @Canucks LB in the crowd lol

Hey I was there too! But I was up top so you wouldn't have seen me lol. The video feeds don't do it justice because they aren't mic'd up like an NHL rink. The place was LOUD. Especially for Höglanders goal. The low metal roof makes it a hell of an echo chamber.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011

Injured

We will play Calgary if Coachella beats Tuscon.

1st seed Calgary vs 4th Seed Abbotsford

2nd seed Coachella vs 3rd seed Colorado.

If Tuscon wins then it's

1st seed Calgary vs 7 seed Tuscon

3rd seed Colorado vs 4th Seed Abbotsford

Either way we won't have home ice to start either series.

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
I know 'conventional wisdom' has Arturs Silovs getting the bulk of the starts in Abbotsford next season and the Canucks going out to find another veteran goalie to back up Demko.

Problem is, this cap-strapped team doesn't have the money to sign another veteran goaltender. Beginning to think that the backup job in Vancouver will be Silovs' to win or lose in training camp.

And it'll be Martin getting the majority of the starts in Abby; with recent signee Nikita Tolopilo as the young apprentice backup goalie. The thing is Tolopilo is actually two years older than Silovs.
My dad’s hockey blog:

Reactions: Scumbag Frank

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

Kidding aside, with good goaltending like last night, Abby should be able to give anyone a run.
This may well be the best AHL squad we've had since the Manitoba Moose days with Bieksa and Kesler.

Is this the first time our farm team has made it out of the first round since Utica went to the Calder Cup Finals? It feels like it’s been an eternity.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008

Injured

The atmosphere was absolutely incredible, make sure you go to a game on Friday or Saturday night.

My wife and I went together, she’s had a rough recently with a Big injury, feeling down, so I basically said you should have some fun today, take some painkillers, and let’s go.

She had a blast, she said she will never get seats in the upper levels again, for canucks or abby games lol

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
The U.S. border crossing at Abbotsford has always been faster than Vancouver. Win or lose the rest of the playoffs, I have been impressed with Jeremy Colliton's impact on the team.
When did the border crossing in Vancouver open up lol?

Yes once the corporate fanbase get flushed and playoffs start in Vancouver the crowds are awesome. At least they "used to be" back when we had a playoff team.

And Horvat can eat his jock strap, must have forgot how loud and appreciative the Sedins last game was. I'll tell you that for free Bo

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Hope this is Hoglander breaking out into a top 6. Really liked his game in his rookie season - high motor puck pursuit, and now hopefully a scoring touch. Him and Podkolzin could form an excellent 3rd line.
I see absolutely no chance they don’t leave a spot open for him next season.

I always feel like you have no choice, he absolutely deserves to be on the team, and he should be either on the top six, or playing with offensive third liners

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
And Hoglander will sign for much less than a few of our other wingers. Podkolzin Hoglander in - total cap hit = 3 million (est.) Boeser Beauvillier out - total cap hit 11 million

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Sooo much fun watching Abby play last night. Hoglander is a stud. Sasson might just develop into a decent 3C at the NHL level. He has the speed for sure and he is anything but a perimeter player.
Strong D group with the 3 NHL/AHL D-men (Wolanin, Juulsen, and Rathbone) plus Woo.
Silovs is solid though he still has the yips, losing/fumbling the puck, on occasion.

This is great experience for all the players but particularly for guys like Raty and Klimovich who are still very young.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
How good is this team really though, can it seriously have a shot at going to the finals?

Because I look at my defense, and I can’t see a lot of teams having that kind of depth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad