GDT: Abbotsford Canucks PLAYOFFS GDT | AHL.TV | Abby WINS, Going to R2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I don't know how travel works in the second round. Is it 3 then 2?

According to the AHL website:

“The first round will be best-of-three series. Division semifinals and division finals will be best-of-five series; conference finals and the Calder Cup Finals are in a best-of-seven format.”

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
According to the AHL website:

“The first round will be best-of-three series. Division semifinals and division finals will be best-of-five series; conference finals and the Calder Cup Finals are in a best-of-seven format.”

Yes I know that part. I mean like if we play Calgary, does Calgary host all 5 games?

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Yes I know that part. I mean like if we play Calgary, does Calgary host all 5 games?

No it's split.

However I'm not sure if the top seed gets to pick the one of two outcomes.

In some series It goes 2, 2 and 1 and in other series it goes 2 and 3.

So if it's the first one we would get games 3 and 4 at home. If it's the second one we would get games 1 and 2 at home.

Screenshot_20230423_083845_Chrome.jpg

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
Thanks. Tucson is legitimately awful in their defensive puck support. Had to double check that they weren't coached by Travis Green.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
quite honestly, if Bruce was never coach Hoglander would be a 50 point player. Bruce elected to play him with scrubs and gave him no PP time IICR. Used him in a checking role when he can be much more than that. Benched him and never gave him the same opportunity as other guys making the same mistakes. Green actually knew how to use him.

1. He was way down the winger pecking order. Too many wingers

Miller (when playing wing) Kuz Garland Boeser Mik. He's fighting it out with Pearson and Pod for a 3rd/4th line checking role by default.

2. Of the 290 minutes he played 116 minutes with Horvat, 112 with Miller and 64 with Pettersson. 2/3rds of his time was with the best centres on the team. The same in 2021-22.

Glad he was able to get away from that mess and just focus on being that guy.

Getting away from the NHL was important. Less pressure and more development opportunities. Tocchet would be even less tolerant.

Reactions: CanucksMJL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad