Aaron Ekblad is one of the best defensemen in the league

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Quietly succeeding.. I honestly had no idea and kinda assumed he was turning into a flop. Good to read how well he has been doing forsure.

I totally get why Lu wanted to go back to Florida... can quietly go about their business and not ever get recognized on the street and not get hounded by media

That might have been part of it but his wife never really dug Vancouver, her home is S. Florida and her parents live there, their restaurant is there and they're never gonna leave. It was just an easier family decision for him to move back to Florida.

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
He is a fine defenceman, and most teams would be lucky to have him, but I don't think he is Top 10 and not really super close either.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
He is a fine defenceman, and most teams would be lucky to have him, but I don't think he is Top 10 and not really super close either.
I’m a Florida fan I somewhat agree here: Ekblad’s skating holds him back from being elite of elite. I do think we need to see how he does on the top PP potentially this season: if he repeats this season on even strength and ups his Pp productions he’d have 60 points. If he keeps his defensive excellence, he would be top 10

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Hopefully his health concerns are behind him, and he continues to develop.

I love people talking about health concerns and have no clue what there talking about.

He's missed under 20 games in 6 season in NHL!

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
I love people talking about health concerns and have no clue what there talking about.

He's missed under 20 games in 6 season in NHL!

What an odd post to get triggered by.

Ekblad missed 14 of the last 15 games of 2017 (brought back after 4 games off, then given the remainder of the season + offseason to recover) after having suffered concussions/neck injuries prior to that.

He has credited coaching with helping him avoid putting himself in those positions since then.

How clueless of me to wish him continued health and success!

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
2 things that held him back: Yandle (now that Matheson is gone) and his skating. His skating did look better this past season and he also had Weegar which was a breath of fresh air in the defensive zone. He has slight limitations as his skating is missing that extra gear overall, but he's still a #1D with even more room to improve.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
What an odd post to get triggered by.

Ekblad missed 14 of the last 15 games of 2017 (brought back after 4 games off, then given the remainder of the season + offseason to recover) after having suffered concussions/neck injuries prior to that.

He has credited coaching with helping him avoid putting himself in those positions since then.

How clueless of me to wish him continued health and success!

You could say that about any player not named Keith Yandle about health concerns.

It sounded like you think he's injury prone and hopefully he can stay healthy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad