Confirmed with Link: Aaron Dell PTO

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
But will Mike refer to him by his full name every time like he’s actually trying to recover a Silmaril?
It's wintertime and Disney on Ice was just at the arena last week

He better call him Arendelle every chance he gets

1576000637_youloveit_com_frozen_2_final_elsa_saves_arendelle_from_flood04.gif

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
1702920439183.png

Dude is barely a capable AHL backup goalie...I'd rather give Halak a chance. Hell we could probably get Dreiger @ 50% for free

• Wow
Reactions: chaz4hockey

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Even if the team gets “hot”, Goalkeeping going to impact our ability to maximize points until Freddie or another quality goalie comes on board.

At present, just looking to obtain a playoff spot is my thought process. Division win is probably toast.

Reactions: DaveG

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
View attachment 785726

Dude is barely a capable AHL backup goalie...I'd rather give Halak a chance. Hell we could probably get Dreiger @ 50% for free
Yeah but sadly our other options are worse than that, and they'll roll the dice here for a month without giving up assets in hopes Freddie comes back. Worst case, it buys us time to make a trade without being super desperate

Reactions: A Star is Burns

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Even if the team gets “hot”, Goalkeeping going to impact our ability to maximize points until Freddie or another quality goalie comes on board.

At present, just looking to obtain a playoff spot is my thought process. Division win is probably toast.
Division win probably is not happening but that’s more because the rangers are on fire than anything else

Reactions: DaveG

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Used to love how Forslund said his name all in one go like a character from the lord of the rings or the hobbit
Silmarillion, actually. All in one go it's pronounced pretty much exactly like Eärendil, the half elven father of both Elros and Elrond. They were given a choice between the elvish life and the human one, Elros opted to be human, and began the line of Numenorian kings that culminated in Aragon. Elrond, of course, went elf and is immortal. Eärendil himself approached the gods and pled for their assistance in saving the world and they agreed, but he wasn't supposed to every set foot on their island so they made him sail around the sky holding the morning and evening star for the rest of time.

Eärendil is a pretty significant figure in the Tolkein lore and I will never not find "AaronDell" hilarious.

Last edited:

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Silmarillion, actually. All in one go it's pronounced pretty much exactly like Eärendil, the half elven father of both Elros and Elrond. They were given a choice between the elvish life and the human one, Elros opted to be human, and began the line of Numenorian kings that culminated in Aragon. Elrond, of course, went elf and is immortal. Eärendil is a pretty significant figure in the Tolkein lore and I will never not find "AaronDell" hilarious.

Hmm . . . is cptjeff really a Stephen Colbert burner acount? :sarcasm:

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
Silmarillion, actually. All in one go it's pronounced pretty much exactly like Eärendil, the half elven father of both Elros and Elrond. They were given a choice between the elvish life and the human one, Elros opted to be human, and began the line of Numenorian kings that culminated in Aragon. Elrond, of course, went elf and is immortal. Eärendil himself approached the gods and pled for their assistance in saving the world and they agreed, but he wasn't supposed to every set foot on their island so they made him sail around the sky holding the morning and evening star for the rest of time.

Eärendil is a pretty significant figure in the Tolkein lore and I will never not find "AaronDell" hilarious.

Well if he gets signed and plays, someone's going to have to get an "Eärendil" jersey.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Division win probably is not happening but that’s more because the rangers are on fire than anything else
Actually I think that with quality keeping we would be near them right now plus have a great shot to catch them now of Freddie/PK were in place.

Re rangers: with Kappo Chyrtl out they have been beatable. Their fans have also crabbed that their goaltending has not been stellar lately.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Plenty of nerdy girls out there mate!
My wife is not a nerd in any sense of the word and on our second date, we went to this seafood restaurant that used paper tablecloths and they left crayons on the table that kids (and adults) would use to draw on the tables. She asked me what I did for a living and I proceeded to draw out the device design of a semiconductor and try to explain to her how it was made and how it worked.

What's worse is that it took me probably 10 minutes to realize how much of a nerd I was being on only our 2nd date.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I mean, back in early 00's when first of the movies had been out for a while, someone wrote a piece in our university rag about how the writer and their friends were hanging out at the uni, and then someone asked how did the movie end, and no one really could remember. So they asked a guy walking by, "hey, how did Lord of the Rings end?"

"Gollum dropped into Mt. Doom with the One Ring."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad