Confirmed with Link: Aaron Dell PTO

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
This again reminds me that Aaron Dell and Aiden Hill are not the same person.

I don't know why this dynamic exists but 75% of the time if you asked me who backstopped Vegas to the Stanley Cup 6 months ago I would have the name Aaron Dell pop into my head, know it's not correct, but not be able to come up with Adin Hill either. I think it's just the similarity in structure/cadence of their names.

I've only just recently gotten over this phenomenon and I'm sure this will help hammer it home.

Reactions: CandyCanes

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
IMG_1108.jpeg

Dude you're getting A. Dell?
Damn, beat me to it. We are original thinkers

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
He had decent surface level numbers last year over a few games. It's been a while since he's been on a team that wasn't a tire fire (I know, haha, the Canes are just decent so far this year so someone will make a joke about us being a tire fire). He was at least decent when he was on good teams early in his career. We'll see if he gets a shot but at this point we just need someone decent until Raanta figures it out and/or Freddie gets back.

Unhinged Finn

Skunk is my spirit animal
May 1, 2022
Reactions: Stickpucker

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
If they truly have reason to believe that Andersen is coming back soon and will be in game shape it wouldn’t make sense to do much else than use band aids until that happens. I’m a little skeptical of him being ready to roll long term but I am not a doctor and have no inside information
If Andersen can come back, then this is the type of move they need for a month or so to avoid exposing Perets.

If Andersen can't come back, signing Dell doesn't prevent them from making a move later.

Basically, if the market for goalies sucks right now, this lets them wait a bit to see if they really need to pay the price for the goalies available.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
If Andersen can come back, then this is the type of move they need for a month or so to avoid exposing Perets.

If Andersen can't come back, signing Dell doesn't prevent them from making a move later.

Basically, if the market for goalies sucks right now, this lets them wait a bit to see if they really need to pay the price for the goalies available.

Andersen was already injury prone before this blood clot complication. They should be pushing to be ready to replace him with another goalie regardless of whether he comes back fine from this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad