Post-Game Talk: AA!!!!!!!!! Wings take the shootout 2-1 against Cbus. Big Two points!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
Happy has gotta be one of the fastest guys in the league. The dude has some serious jets, and creates a ton of chances with it. Hopefully he's just not another Helm and can actually convert from time to time.

Also, nice to see Blash do something different in the shootout, especially since Babs always seemed to go through the motions whenever the team got that far. Mix it up, and the team ends up winning a SO for once; who would've thunk it?

jolly roger

Aug 4, 2013
What idiot chose the three stars at the Joe? What game was he watching? Boone Jenner?? A joke.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
I'd love to see

Abby-Z-Larkin
Tats-Dats-AA
Nyquist-Sheahan-Richards
Helm-Glenny-Jurco

Wings are lacking playmakers right now, and as much as I like Z and Dats together, we need their playmaking skills on seperate lines.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
I'd love to see

Abby-Z-Larkin
Tats-Dats-AA
Nyquist-Sheahan-Richards
Helm-Glenny-Jurco

Wings are lacking playmakers right now, and as much as I like Z and Dats together, we need their playmaking skills on seperate lines.

Don't hate it. Wouldn't mind trying...

Abby-Z-Larkin
Nyquist-Datsyuk-AA
Jurco-Sheahan-Tatar (it's worked before)
Helm-Glenny-Richy

Austin Wings Fan

Mar 9, 2010
Only saw the 2nd and 3rd periods, but was pretty unimpressed. With AA being the exception, Columbus seemed faster and won a lot of board battles. The Wings had a lot of zone time, but also gave up a TON of odd man rushes off of blocked shots, flubs at the blue line, etc. etc.

Credit Mrazek for making some saves, and luck in terms of the BJs missing the net. Let's hope they use these next three days to re-energize their skating legs. Tough DAL-CHI-CHI stretch coming up after the Stadium Series game.

Thoughts:

-Larkin still looks sick. Not really noticeable at all.

-Pulkinnen needs to STFD. Nice pass to AA, but his inability to skate and failure to complete lead to multiple odd man chances against. Jurco needs to be in the lineup.

-Heard the goal against was a stinker, but Mrazek was pretty good the rest of the way.

-Q was excellent.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Good game. Got tickets for the legends club tonight and it was cool. Glad we got 2 but wish we put more than 1 past there goaltender.

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
So we won? And it was a shootout? Yup Hell is freezing.
What was the controversial call in OT?

The call was pretty weird. Jackets had a 3 on 2 in OT while the 3rd Red Wings went to change so Datsyuk could get on the ice. Mrazek makes a sweet glove save and simultaneously drops the puck and passes it to spring Datsyuk, who was behind the defense, on a breakaway. But the ref blew the whistle almost as soon as the puck touched Mrazek’s glove. Hard to blame the ref on it, although it did screw us out of seeing a breakaway from 13 with the game on his stick

skate skate skate

Apr 6, 2014
Europe
A short handed goal and a SO win?! :amazed: I this real life? :laugh:

How did Kronwall look?

edit: And how did the new powerplay units look? Did they do the 1-3-1 setup from last year?

Last edited:

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
Hopefully this game will get them on a roll, heading to Colorado tomorrow for the game and would like to see a win.

Really don't like Pulkkinen on the 4th line, and he doesn't deserve more ice time. Sounds like a conundrum.

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
But the ref blew the whistle almost as soon as the puck touched Mrazek’s glove. Hard to blame the ref on it, although it did screw us out of seeing a breakaway from 13 with the game on his stick

Im sure the explanation given included intent to blow the whistle. Green went down to his knees to block the shot and before he got up Mrazek was on his second stride. He didn't hesitate, as soon as the puck touched his glove it was obvious what he was doing.

Hard to believe he thought that play was dead, it was a terrible call.

Last edited:

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Im sure the explanation given included intent to blow the whistle. Green went down to his knees to block the shot and before he got up Mrazek was on his second stride. He didn't hesitate, as soon as the puck touched his glove it was obvious what he was doing.

Hard to believe he thought that play was dead, it was a terrible call.

I think isn't reading what Mrazek was planning to do...it's the fact he took a few strides with the puck in his glove. If he dropped it instantly and made the pass...the ref probably doesn't blow the whistle.

Granted, the refs need to stop with the trend of blowing the whistle right after the goalie catches a shot. Allow the guy to make a decision to move the puck or if they just choose to eat it. With Mrazek, it looked deceiving because he skated a bit with it...don't know if the officials were looking at the fact Datsyuk was open for a pass.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
What?

His speed is. That goalie should have poke checked him on that shootout. Not supposed to go in like that.
You could say that about a lot of attempts. It's only a problem if he keeps using the same move and goalies get a read on it.
His hands are excellent.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
What?

His speed is. That goalie should have poke checked him on that shootout. Not supposed to go in like that.

I wouldn't say his hands are the best but he showed some flash before that goal as well.

Undressed Jones and almost scored in OT.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I just saw that dumb ot ref blow the whistle

Mrazek was determined not to lose after that

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
A short handed goal and a SO win?! :amazed: I this real life? :laugh:

How did Kronwall look?

On my own scoring attempts, Kronwall had one and created 5. Best offensive defenceman there immediately. Quincey was best defensively and at some point looked like Lidström there. :amazed:

edit: And how did the new powerplay units look? Did they do the 1-3-1 setup from last year?

1st unit was the same setup. Abdelkader net-front, Datsyuk on the left, Nyquist as middle-man, Zetterberg on right and Kronwall on point. Have to say it was totally different and instalty better with Kronwall there. He just knows how to run it.

2nd unit didn't have much time, because they blew their zone entries and guys were at wrong positions. But also it looked like it would be 1-3-1. Green on point, Richards as right-side playmaker. Now they look good on paper. Just get games to get it running like a machine.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
People say I am too harsh on Howard and criticize him mercilessly.
But I have no problem critisizing Mrazek too. The goal he allowed was super soft and if not for heroic save by Quincey and a great heroics by Sheahan and AA we lose this game. No star for Mrazek.

AA, Sheahan and Quincey get 3 stars from me.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
What?

Seth Jones could have poke checked him too. Good hands and speed will do that to players.

Obe2kenobe

Mar 23, 2014
U.P.
Glad Blashill changed up the lines. Still no offense though. AA has got to stay. He can do things with his speed and showed nice, quick hands on his shootout attempt. It's nice to have guys like Sheahan and AA provide the big plays when other guys are struggling to find the back of the ne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad