Post-Game Talk: A wounded honey badger still don't care; wins game 2-1 over Oilers

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
He will use it as a crutch to be given another reason to give it a shot at the playoffs again.

"We were hit hard by the injury bug, and therefore couldn't be the 100 point playoff team we know we are. We have next year"

yeah but 100 point teams have depth....his idea of defensive depth is Bartkowski, Sbisa, and Weber. Should be fired on the spot for that reason alone.

He will eventually get **** canned. Only a matter of time.... can't see him lasting too much longer in this market.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
yeah but 100 point teams have depth....his idea of defensive depth is Bartkowski, Sbisa, and Weber. Should be fired on the spot for that reason alone.

He will eventually get **** canned. Only a matter of time.... can't see him lasting too much longer in this market.

I hope you are right, but I'm not sure I see him getting canned just yet. Unfortunately.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
I hope you are right, but I'm not sure I see him getting canned just yet. Unfortunately.

Aqua acts fast....ownership seems obsessed about making the playoffs and not properly rebuilding. Pretty sure Benning will be lucky to have a job if the season quickly goes down the toilet. Sadly we will hire another GM who is given the orders to make the playoffs next season and the rebuild will continue to be stuck in neutral. As much as we need a new GM we also need ownership to encourage/allow the GM to rebuild from the ground up.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
Maybe they were planning a reverse-Torts year? Start the year in absolutely abysmal fashion and then come back from the break firing on all cylinders? :sarcasm:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I'm guessing 5-2 Oilers unless Markstrom pulls off another Tampa game....not liking the 'Nucks blueline matched up against Hall, Eberle and Draisaitl...and the coaching matchup, McLellan versus Willie...yikes:help:

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Hutton mccann and markstrom are preventing the full submergence

Willie is the fail-safe device.:laugh:

yeah but 100 point teams have depth....his idea of defensive depth is Bartkowski, Sbisa, and Weber.
Actually those guys (if you ignore Pizza's contract) aren't bad as #7's aka depth guys.....it's expecting (or at least two of the three as Jimbo thought) all three as top six guys lead you to....

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Team tank but losing to the Oilers would be bad. Their fans treat these Canuck games like they're playoff games.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Looking forward to seeing Pedan play tonight. Mostly just hope he doesn't look out of place.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Higgins skated but isn't playing.. injury wasn't mentioned on canucks twitter

They scratched him? Is this real life?

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Sedin-Sedin-Hansen
Bae-McCann-Vrbata
Kenins-Horvat-Burrows
Prust-Cracknell-Dorsett

Edler-Bartkowski
Hutton-Weber
Pedan-Biega

Markstrom

That's a solid 100pt season lineup...

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Realize that every team does it, but can't understand why the Canucks never give any accurate information about their injured players.....pretty obvious that Miller was more seriously hurt when he exited the shootout in Florida....but initially it was just 'cramping', ...and now he's out at least a week....so they're riding Markstrom whether Willie wants to or not.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Realize that every team does it, but can't understand why the Canucks never give any accurate information about their injured players.....pretty obvious that Miller was more seriously hurt when he exited the shootout in Florida....but initially it was just 'cramping', ...and now he's out at least a week....so they're riding Markstrom whether Willie wants to or not.

The Oilers are worse, especlally with McDavid.. a comical level, almost embarrassing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad