GDT: A Tale of Two Goalies: Flam (14-9-1) vs Star (12-10-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
7PM MST, SN1, FAN 960

Flames coming off a 6-1 W over Arizona; Dallas coming off a 1-0 OTL to Edmonton.

Edit @ 10:30 am:

Gaudreau-Monahan-Lindholm
Tkachuk-Backlund-Bennett
Czarnik-Ryan-Neal
Dube-Jankowski-Hathaway

Giordano-Brodie
Hanifin-Hamonic
Kylington-Andersson

Rittich

Discuss

Last edited:
Reactions: Sk8M8

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
A tale of Two Goalies.
I think Dallas' backups backup might start tonight. Either way, Calgary should be able to dominate play. Stars are a top heavy team with a shallow blueline.

Roman Polak is playing meaningful minutes with this team, he's on a second pair with a guy I've legit never heard of, Gavin Bayreuther. An undrafted 24 year old in his second pro season, and rookie NHL season.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I posted this in the ATL thread. Mr. Bow will most likely be the Dallas goalie tonight. I have a good feeling about this game, no matter who we have in net.

Capture.JPG

Reactions: joescores

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
LOL.... According to Flames Communications, Dallas beat the Oilers last night

Makkeli

May 1, 2009
Finland
Dailyfaceoff said that Mike Smith is projected to start, how is that? If I have understood correctly Rittich has been awesome for you guys and I just picked him on my fantasy team, so I'm really hoping Dailyfaceoff is wrong and Rittich is getting the start here

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Even though Rittich is starting tonight I would still be ok with Smith starting if Landon Bow is in the net for Dallas.
There's a possibility of Quick starting in the Kings game on Friday and if it isn't Quick it will be Peterson who only let in 1 goal out of 33 shots on net for Vancouver and ended up with a .970GAA for the game. Peterson has a .927 Sv% in 8 games this season.
To be honest, I'd like Rittich to start this game and the Kings game but if Smith has to start one of the two I'd rather have him in net against Dallas.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009

Look out Oliver.. you could lose your spot in the lineup... ;)

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
It's the right decision. Smith should only get in one game at a time until he pieces his game back together. Eventually, Rittich will falter and you don't want to put in a shakey Smith

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Doesn't make much sense to let the red-hot Rittich get cold sitting on the bench for a week.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Dallas... Who's hot and who's not. Looks like Radulov is hot.

Capture.JPG

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Dallas is a one line team.
Calgary has an elite possession/shutdown line and pairing.

Dallas does not have an elite possession/shutdown line or pairing.

I expect Gaudreau's line to eat them up tonight. Like I mentioned earlier, it's a team that has an undrafted rookie and Roman Polak playing almost a combined 20 minutes a night. Dallas is underrated bad.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Dallas is a one line team.
Calgary has an elite possession/shutdown line and pairing.

Dallas does not have an elite possession/shutdown line or pairing.

I expect Gaudreau's line to eat them up tonight. Like I mentioned earlier, it's a team that has an undrafted rookie and Roman Polak playing almost a combined 20 minutes a night. Dallas is underrated bad.

I agree that they aren’t great but Polak and the kid are playing more than they should because Klingberg/Methot/Carrick are all injured. Need to take advantage of their D tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad