GDT: A Tale of Two Goalies: Flam (14-9-1) vs Star (12-10-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Second line as a whole struggled last night. At one point the Backlund line with Gio/Brodie were hemmed in our zone by Dallas's 4th line. You just don't see that very often.

We're still a point ahead of SJ and Anaheim with a game and two games in hand respectively.
Hoping we can bang up the Kings tomorrow, who are absolutely struggling; and then go from there.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Kind of annoying how our wingers are expected to shoulder most of the burden offensively. When's the last time our centers took the bull by the horns and dragged us to a win

Flames got the lead, blew it and then gongshowed it in OT, played poorly for most of the game. Take the 1 point and show up on Friday.

Yup..it's going back and forth until someone win or lose the job again

Rittich was average tonight

Brodie has been awesome the last couple weeks but he's got to do a better job of clearing in front of the net. Always been a weakness of his.

Top 9 forwards were all awful. Tkachuk, Gaudreau, and Monahan especially. Still waiting for the day Monahan decides to wake up and be the center he can be.

The Flames owned Dallas from the second period on. The only reason that Dallas won was Khudobin stole a game and he has been red hot the last 2 nights. Hathaway literally had to blow it through Khudobin. Johnny's and Gio's shots were well placed and Khudobin's vision was impaired.

Radulov makes many defensemen look like AHLers. Seguin and Benn are all world all-stars. If the game is close they are going to be there in the moment.

Sometimes you just have to give the opposition kudos for winning a game. Dallas played the perfect road game-- They hung in the game and then took their opporitunity to win it.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
The Flames owned Dallas from the second period on. The only reason that Dallas won was Khudobin stole a game and he has been red hot the last 2 nights. Hathaway literally had to blow it through Khudobin. Johnny's and Gio's shots were well placed and Khudobin's vision was impaired.

Radulov makes many defensemen look like AHLers. Seguin and Benn are all world all-stars. If the game is close they are going to be there in the moment.

Sometimes you just have to give the opposition kudos for winning a game. Dallas played the perfect road game-- They hung in the game and then took their opporitunity to win it.

You and I watched different games then. The Flames failed to consistently "own" Dallas in any period last night. They had much better moments in the second and third, but they didn't string together a solid single period all night.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
You and I watched different games then. The Flames failed to consistently "own" Dallas in any period last night. They had much better moments in the second and third, but they didn't string together a solid single period all night.

Went and looked at the stats and this is for the second and third period.

Calgary had 22 SCF to Dallas' 17
Calgary had 8 HDSC to Dallas' 4

Calgary was pressing almost the entire 3rd period. Dallas' goal to even it up came from a point shot screening Rittich after a puck deflected off Chucky's foot and went directly to the d-man. That was one of the few times Calgary was not in control in the third period. Heck the Flames out-shot Dallas 14-6 in the third. Appears to be a pretty good period to me. They got a goal off an unfortunate bounce oh well it happens.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Went and looked at the stats and this is for the second and third period.

Calgary had 22 SCF to Dallas' 17
Calgary had 8 HDSC to Dallas' 4

Calgary was pressing almost the entire 3rd period. Dallas' goal to even it up came from a point shot screening Rittich after a puck deflected off Chucky's foot and went directly to the d-man. That was one of the few times Calgary was not in control in the third period. Heck the Flames out-shot Dallas 14-6 in the third. Appears to be a pretty good period to me. They got a goal off an unfortunate bounce oh well it happens.

Advanced stats clearly mean everything. Ask Carolina fans how outshooting the opponents doesn't equal winning. We were sloppy defensively, making bad passes all over the place, and even Bill Peters says we didn't really deserve the point we got last night.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Calgary was definitely the better team from the 2nd period on. Regardless I give Dallas a ton of credit for playing a great road game, they are a well coached team and played a strong defensive game.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I honestly can't think of a single grade A chance we had. We had powerplay after powerplay that game but 5v5 we were awful

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Flames lost because they sucked in the 1st. 3 straight powerplays and not one good chance. Should have at least tied it earlier and eventually taken the lead, but no. I mean we ended up with a PPG, but our PP is still a joke. New coaching staff and still no one understands the simple concept of putting wingers on their off-side.

Reactions: OvermanKingGainer

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
Was at this one. Flames were the better team about half way through the first. Problem is very few high quality chances, and our PP needs to be better. Lindholm routinely missed the net when he was working the point. We deserved to lose in OT, because we had ample opportunity to to win in regulation. I would like to see Janko on PP2. Something has to change on that 2nd line. In addition, Tkachuk and Bennett need to kick it into high gear again, they've both been flat the last two games. I'm also done with the forward point man on our power play, it isn't working. We have the horses on the back end to support a solid PP, don't overthink the deployment of our players Peters and co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad