Proposal: A swap of bad contracts . Lucic for ?

He Is Knocking

Jul 1, 2015
In agreement with the earlier comment. There was an article on the Broad Street website showing the positive effects Sanheim has had on Macdonalds game when paired together but regardless I wouldn't trade MacDonald for Lucic.

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
875K less per year, and 1 less year. Lucic is way more palatable and useful than Seabrook is at this point. Plus Lucic is 3 years younger. Gimmie Lucic all day and twice on Sunday. I'll add to Seabrook too.

Hi TaylorST.

Lucic can’t really feasibly play anywhere above third line and is probably a fourth liner at this point (his offensive numbers point toward a Simon/probert type decline)

Seabrook for all his faults (ie he’s slow and can’t carry a pairing anymore) still is viable defensemen who is an asset on PP. He needs to be sheltered at this point unless you have an elite lighting fast free safety back there to be the stay at home guy. He’s basically late stage souray at this point.

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
Yeah, but Wilson still only has a regular season of high of 35 points.

Blackhawks paid Bickell big for his almost ppg playoff run, and he followed it up with 15 points in 59 games the next season.

When you see all kinds of guys this offseason with 30-40 points signing for four and five million dollars, you can't really say that the Lucic deal is horrendous in comparison.

If contracts keep going up like this it will look like a pretty average deal in 2 years time.

Bickel tore up his knee (again) that year, he also might have had MS.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Lucic for Tom Wilson

Bad contract for future bad contract

Lose lose

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
We more then likely will give Lucic another year before we dump him .

Just looking for a trade that could maybe benefit both teams and 2 players . WE are not looking to add term or add a higher cap hit as we don't have enough cap space . Not adding to Lucic so it would have to be a 1 for 1 deal . Lucic is owed 4.5 million for 5 years total 22.5 million . Might make him a little more attractive to a cap floor team

Ok, so...someone like Kris Russell?

What’s that you say?......he’s already an Oiler too???

Damn it—

Last edited:

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Lucic for Tom Wilson

Lose lose
This is cute in a Pens fan stupid, adorable, cute kinda way.

Until you realize Lucic’s best season was eight years ago and his most recent “good” season was three years ago. In contrast Tom Wilson’s best season was his most recent and he had a breakout playoff performance. Oh yeah, the cute comes in when you realize Wilson is signed for $1M less than Lucic and his deal is only a year longer and he has considerably more upside.

I’d hope perhaps you could educate yourself before posting, though I won’t sit around waiting for miracles.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Lucic for Tom Wilson

Lose lose

Until you realize Lucic’s best season was eight years ago and his most recent “good” season was three years ago. In contrast Wilson’s best season was his most recent and he had a breakout playoff performance. The cute comes in when you realize Wilson makes $1M less and his deal is only 1 year longer and he has considerably more upside.

You could perhaps educate yourself before posting but I won’t sit around waiting for miracles.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Lucic to Dallas is still a thing I see making a ton of sense. The Stars still have a need for a top six LW, Milan and Tyler have a good rapport off the ice from their Bruins days and the Stars were also one of the final teams in on Lucic when he was a UFA.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Lucic to Dallas is still a thing I see making a ton of sense. The Stars still have a need for a top six LW, Milan and Tyler have a good rapport off the ice from their Bruins days and the Stars were also one of the final teams in on Lucic when he was a UFA.

Stars have proven that they are capable of doing anything to prevent their success. So far my favorite is Hanzal with that redonkylous ~5M deal, but I'm sure they will find cap space to fit in Lucic as well.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Stars have proven that they are capable of doing anything to prevent their success. So far my favorite is Hanzal with that redonkylous ~5M deal, but I'm sure they will find cap space to fit in Lucic as well.
Actually the return I would assume to be for Lucic would be Hanzal and Ritchie. If they retained $500k from Ritchie's deal, the salaries balance themselves for this season. It essentially turns into a three year commitment to Lucic at the $6m beginning at the end of Hanzal's deal two years from now.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016

Until you realize Lucic’s best season was eight years ago and his most recent “good” season was three years ago. In contrast Wilson’s best season was his most recent and he had a breakout playoff performance. The cute comes in when you realize Wilson makes $1M less and his deal is only 1 year longer and he has considerably more upside.

You could perhaps educate yourself before posting but I won’t sit around waiting for miracles.
This post will be amusing to revisit in the future...

Wilson’s best season was 35 points...Lucic scored 34 points last year and everyone hated on him. Wilson scored one more point and we should throw him a parade.

And Lucic scored 50 points in 2017 - that would be a miracle for Wilson to even came close to that.

Last edited:
Reactions: McDaddy

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
This post will be amusing to revisit in the future...

Wilson’s best season was 35 points...Lucic scored 34 points last year and everyone hated on him. Wilson scored one more point and we should throw him a parade.

And Lucic scored 50 points in 2017 - that would be a miracle for Wilson to even came close to that.

What’s amusing is that you think a 24yr old that just scored 15PTs in the Playoffs has peaked. Lucic is 30 and will be 35 by the end of his contract. He also had one of the best and youngest superstars propping him up to those 34PTs which were also aided by a healthy 2min of PP time per game. Wilson’s 35 PTs came essentially all at ES and he was a pivotal PKer. If Wilson plays on the Top Line for a full season and sees any PP time this post will indeed be fun to revisit. If you enjoy looking like a fool I can see why you’d look forward to that.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00