GDT: A Song of Snow and Fire: Avalanche (7-3-2) @ Flames (7-5-1). 7PM MT, Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
100% this. He doesn’t help himself in these situations most times. I get that it saves the D from taking hits, but I just feel like it causes too many scrambles and chances against.
I think the trade-off is way worth it. There have been statistical analyses of the number of hits that Smith takes off our defencemen, and you have to think that contributes to how relatively healthy we've been.

If you let the defence handle it in some of those situations, or if you have the kind of goalie that just pushes the puck one way or another, several of those opportunities will become turnovers simply because of pressure on the defenceman who gets the puck. It's not creating turnovers, it just changes what they look like, and changes the probability of it happening.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
This game is probably lost, but I can't say I'm bothered by it. This team is gassed after their schedule so I can't say I'm surprised by this scoreline so far. It is what it is

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
He pushes Smith into the net, not sure if serious right now with the review.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
This is Smith. Gives up a softy and things fall apart. He's absolutely useless and I'm tired of his stick.
It's Smith. It's Tkachuk. It's Hanifin. This team is tired and they're playing their 7th game in 11 days and going to and from the east coast.

This team had three grade-A scoring chances and two PP at the start of the period and couldn't capitalize. They went back and scored. Shit happens

Reactions: FlamerForLife

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
It's Smith. It's Tkachuk. It's Hanifin. This team is tired and they're playing their 7th game in 11 days and going to and from the east coast.

This team had three grade-A scoring chances and two PP at the start of the period and couldn't capitalize. They went back and scored. **** happens

Worse starter in the NHL before tonight and its only gonna go down again. Its Smith.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary

This team had three grade-A scoring chances and two PP at the start of the period and couldn't capitalize. They went back and scored. **** happens

Worse starter in the NHL before tonight and its only gonna go down again. Its Smith.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary

Worse starter in the NHL before tonight and its only gonna go down again. Its Smith lol

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

Dude ...did you watch the game? The Flames were the better team except for their stupid goalie.

How many team can win when their starters let in a couple bad goals a game?

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Remember that Boston game where we dominated and were rewarded with a 3-0 lead.

That was a nice game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad