GDT: A Song of Snow and Fire: Avalanche (7-3-2) @ Flames (7-5-1). 7PM MT, Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Second goal bounced off a couple players. I have yet to see a goalie that can stop that crap.

The only reason the FLames are behind because their goalie is worse

No team is going to win many games with that type of goaltending

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Ralph, special teams!

tenor.gif

Reactions: crackdown44

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
That SHG was a good reason why Tkachuk should never be stationed at the point on the PP. So naturally he's back there

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
HOLY **** SMITH IS BAD!!!! Seriously, the guy is fighting the puck so often.

Neutral fan here. Why is Rittich not starting? From what I've seen...Rittich has been decent in his starts. Smith looks like he can barely keep up anymore.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
You're not wrong, but even though I don't hate Smith, I don't like that he was involved in the build-up to that situation because of his puck-handling.
100% this. He doesn’t help himself in these situations most times. I get that it saves the D from taking hits, but I just feel like it causes too many scrambles and chances against.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
You're not wrong, but even though I don't hate Smith, I don't like that he was involved in the build-up to that situation because of his puck-handling.

Many people have a short memory but I will refresh it. Smith carried this team last year and if he wouldn't have been injured may have got us into the playoffs. It is in the Flames best interest to let him play into that form again. Bandwagon jumpers won't like that.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
We can get the puck through Varlamov, and we can shoot the puck at the net, but we can't seem to do both at the same time.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Many people have a short memory but I will refresh it. Smith carried this team last year and if he wouldn't have been injured may have got us into the playoffs. It is in the Flames best interest to let him play into that form again. Bandwagon jumpers won't like that.
Right, but you're talking to people who are saying things like "another bad rebound, Varlamov wouldn't do that" even after they watched Varlamov be saved by a quick whistle on a horrendous rebound earlier in the game.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary

Lol what?! He's terrible, and he will not be getting back into form again. Doesn't work like that with 36 year old goalies, he's COOKED.

Reactions: Migos

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Neal was open and ready to unleash a shot from the top of the circle and..... nothing comes of it

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Neutral fan here. Why is Rittich not starting? From what I've seen...Rittich has been decent in his starts. Smith looks like he can barely keep up anymore.

Because Smith is our "starter". If Smith continues this level of play it's only a matter of time before Rittich becomes the starter. Smith has had 2 good starts this entire year, he is a trainwreck back there.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

It's Peters nature to f*** up with the goaltending

Reactions: Migos

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Tkachuk is practicing deflecting pucks in front of Smith. This is where he scores most of the goals on the PP. Let's not play him there

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
I don’t think people have short memories, I think people are giving him leash and he hasn’t look anywhere near form since his injury. He fights the puck, looks unsettled, moves his feet too much and gets caught a lot. Would I like him to steal every game and win 16 straight games in the playoffs? f*** yea. But he just looks different from last year and isn’t himself. Rittich has looked way better this far into the season, so I don’t think it’s unreasonable to start splitting games more and not defaulting to Smith for every game.

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space

Yeah it’ll magicallyy happen again, at the age of 36 or 37

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad