A SERIOUS DISCUSSION - Elias "The Swedish Beast" Lindholm

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Lindholm is our first player in a while that I have *ZERO* idea about what kind of player he is going to end up being two years from now. I thought I had a bead on him last year when I had the impression that he was a pass first center that was determined but not physical and had a strong work ethic. Now, his shots per game (yes it's early) are at 2.18 per game (24 total in 11 games) where as last year they were at 1.20 per game (70 total in 58 games). Increasing his shot total by 1 per game is ridiculous and makes me think that he might be more well rounded offensively than a lot of us had him being. I don't think he will be the elite passer that Backstrom is but he's possibly a better net front guy as his frame develops.

Hits. 23 in 11 games this year and 51 in 58 games last year which is just as significant as his shot totals increasing. Yes, hits are subjective and counted poorly but I think we'd all agree that in this instance the numbers are upholding the eye test.

Does anybody think we have a 30 goal scorer here? He plays such a technical fundamental Swedish style that his defensive game is coming along incredibly too. Is there more Daniel Alfredsson here than Backstrom?

Swag Surf Aho

Find Your Own Style
Jul 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
ONLY Zettererg, the Sedins, and Backstrom scored more points in their first full season in the SHL than Lindholm.

That's some pretty good company.

bluedevil58*

Lindholm is our first player in a while that I have *ZERO* idea about what kind of player he is going to end up being two years from now. I thought I had a bead on him last year when I had the impression that he was a pass first center that was determined but not physical and had a strong work ethic. Now, his shots per game (yes it's early) are at 2.18 per game (24 total in 11 games) where as last year they were at 1.20 per game (70 total in 58 games). Increasing his shot total by 1 per game is ridiculous and makes me think that he might be more well rounded offensively than a lot of us had him being. I don't think he will be the elite passer that Backstrom is but he's possibly a better net front guy as his frame develops.

Hits. 23 in 11 games this year and 51 in 58 games last year which is just as significant as his shot totals increasing. Yes, hits are subjective and counted poorly but I think we'd all agree that in this instance the numbers are upholding the eye test.

Does anybody think we have a 30 goal scorer here? He plays such a technical fundamental Swedish style that his defensive game is coming along incredibly too. Is there more Daniel Alfredsson here than Backstrom?

Peter Forsberg. His style of player has that written all over him.

bluedevil58*

Yup. Don't know why any else mentioned him. I guess we all know who the true knowledgeable fans are . . . . .

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Yup. Don't know why any else mentioned him. I guess we all know who the true knowledgeable fans are . . . . .

Obviously the true knowledgeable fans are the ones that wanted Nichushkin based on the first 10 game sample their rookie season, instead of the next Peter Forsberg.

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
why did we take the next peter forsberg over the next evgeny artyukhin

why

impact now player

rabble rabble rabble

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
It could always be worse. Look at it this way, we could be Calgary and among other hilarious things, drafted this 6th OA.

rico-fata.jpg

SauceCheese91

Sep 14, 2011
It could always be worse. Look at it this way, we could be Calgary and among other hilarious things, drafted this 6th OA.

rico-fata.jpg

Growing up as a kid in London and watching this guy play for the Knights I thought this guy was a beast. I envied Fata as a kid, he could fly on the ice, pure goal scorer. Ahhhh to be a young kid again and think that Speed+Goals= Superstar.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad