OT: A Rangers Fan leaving New York

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Blah I've though of moving out of state because the prices for housing and such around here are awful.

But 95% of the reason I don't want to is because I want to go to Ranger games...Even when I lived in Philly for school for four years I probably went to 10-15 games a season.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
The rest of the post is helpful as always, but GOD DAMN that money. I've got a philosophy degree, but I'll be lucky if I TOP OUT at 70K.

The cost of living is the single best part. 2 bed 3 bath in a beautiful new apt for 850 a month? Yes please!

The downside is I'm pretty sure I got a haircut from a Klansman my first month down here. Certain phrases started flying, and I told him my haircut was finished, called him a bigot and walked out. Locals have told me they know of this particular man, and that they're not all like that. Good thing too, I nearly packed my bags that day.

More than anything, I miss my constant view of the Ramapo mountains. Never thought that'd be it.

Some people are stuck in the wrong era. Have you never gone to upstate New York? Mother of God they are equally as bad as some of the folks in SC when it comes to that stuff.

SC is about as southern as you can get. NC is a lot better and if you had the chance to move to the Atlanta Metro Area I think you would truly enjoy it.

As far as the money goes... I work. I work ALOT. After thinking about it Ill probably be closer to 65K then 70K but somewhere around there. Its no 40 hours a week though, closer to 55-60. Down here though 65-70K would be equal to making 95k-100k in NY.

You can live like a king down south due to the cost of living difference.

Only thing I miss is the water & snow. Considering moving to either FL, Miss. AL and living on the Gulf Coast but have yet to see about that. NC is also a possibility (a bit more snow than here in GA).

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Blah I've though of moving out of state because the prices for housing and such around here are awful.

But 95% of the reason I don't want to is because I want to go to Ranger games...Even when I lived in Philly for school for four years I probably went to 10-15 games a season.

Move to a city that has NHL hockey. You can see them at least 2-3 times a year and if its in close proximity to another NHL city you can make the drive there. I love my Rangers but not stressing about a mortgage or rent is worth watching them on HD TV every night rather than in person.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad