A Non-Superstar You Loved (or Love) to Watch

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Matt Calvert, Manny Malhotra, Tyler Wright, Alexander Svitov, Kevin Dineen, Jody Shelley

Reactions: Viqsi

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
Michael Ryder back in his first three years with the Canadiens. The only thing he did was score goals and position himself well to score some more. Made some pretty highlight-reel level passes once or twice in a season too, not that he was inherently much of a playmaker. He sucked on defense, sucked in transition, was slow by all standards, not that physical, lost more battles than he won on the boards, but I still loved him as a player.

Then he had a bad season, went to the Bruins, and he was dead to me from that point on.

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
I am not sure where your line for superstar is but Nolan is GOAT.

More obscure? IDK why, but I loved watching Ian White.

Another great recent one was marcus sorensen when he first joined the sharks. Every shift was an all-out, caution-to-the-wind, almost self-endangering affair. he's unfortunately chilled out a bit, but I still like him.

psully31

Aug 20, 2018
St. Louis
Dallas Drake on those mid-2000's Blues teams. The first few post lockout years were not kind to the Blues, but Drake would labor through every second of every shift. One of those guys you'd love to play with, but absolutely hate to go into the corner against.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Benoit Pouliot. Dude had skill, was strong as an ox, had a good skating ability and had a wicked shot. He was missing the hunger and I.Q to be a superstar.
Pouliot DESTROYS Krejci

Pouliot scores a sweet goal

Another sweet goal
He completed a great 3rd line on the 2014 Rangers with Brassard and Zuccarello. Purely offensive 3rd line is the GOAT strategy. Pouliot, Brassard, and Zuccarello were all guys with skill.

Actually, my answer is Brassard. Dude would make insane saucer passes then blast a slap shot on breakaways. He was like a dollar store superstar.

I like how the Staals play. Well, Eric and Jordan anyway. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad