A Non-Superstar You Loved (or Love) to Watch

SCampo98

Dec 24, 2015
Sherbrooke, QC
The most exciting players in the NHL are almost always superstars (MacKinnon, Gaudreau, McDavid, etc.). Whose a player you loved, or still love, to watch (for any reason) that would not be considered a superstar.

For me, that player was Alex Semin. I always loved the way he played, especially in Washington. Something about the way he played always caught my excitement and interest, and it didn't hurt that he played with an all time great.

Who would be that player for any of you? I love hearing stories about players who aren't considered to be among the superstars of the league, I feel like there's not really any other places to hear these stories.

NHL WAR

Sep 29, 2018
Watching Leo Komarov was a bright spot on some bad Leafs teams. He was over utilized on the 2016-17 and 17-18 playoff teams, but before that he was pretty fun... threw over 4 hits a game, chipped in some points and could chirp just about every player in their native language.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I always really liked watching Matt Cullen play the game. Very well-rounded player, responsible everywhere on the ice and just a real Swiss Army knife type of guy.

On the defensive side I always liked shut-down guys like Scuderi and Doug Murray. That's the style that I play as a player, so I enjoyed watching them and helping to model my game after their style.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
He was a superstar talent but never really considered a superstar, but I loved watching Alexei Kovalev. One of the greatest pure talents the league has ever seen, and also one of the most enigmatic.

A "lower lite", I'd go with Oleg Tverdovsky. (Love the Klesla mention above as well)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad