A Non-Superstar You Loved (or Love) to Watch

Sugi21

Dec 7, 2016
F2D8E6F6-9CFA-4BD7-847C-6731AB122998.jpeg

Reactions: TT1

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Martin Straka:
He was more than a complimentary player for Jagr. He was a fantastic puck carrier, blazing fast. He did all of the yeoman's work on that line and did it with flair. I still remember him being one of very few players I ever saw humiliate Ray Bourque. Straka sprinted into the offensive zone, did a full stop up, and when Bourque stopped to maintain his gap, Straka went back into a full sprint within two strides. Went past Bourque like he was standing still (and he was).

Zigmund Palffy:
One of my favorite players ever. Never got the credit he deserved. He played for a hopeless Islanders team during the heart of the deadpuck era and still finished top 10 or 15 a few times. Arguably his best year was with L.A. but he got hurt along with his entire supporting cast.
He is a guy who, if he had the right team around him and was in the right market, he would have been a slam dunk hall of famer (note, I 'm not arguing that he should be given his credentials).

Pavol Demitra (RIP):
Could do it all and do it with swagger. Had a great shot and was a really clever playmaker. He showed himself to the world in the 2010 olympics, but he was an absolute stud for the Blues for several years.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Kevin Bieksa, guys defensive play made for alot of great Luongo highlights.

Zack Kassian
Mike Santorelli
Mikhail Grabovski
David Booth
Keith Ballard
Alex Galchenyuk (when he was good)

Necrobutcher

Sep 20, 2018
Tampere, Finland
Reactions: Roo Returns

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Awesome to see such love for the legendary Ville "Nemo" Nieminen! One of my favorite players ever and such an entertaining character off the ice. NHL followers could possibly get to enjoy his antics in the future also. He just got a job as a head coach in the SHL and has stated several times that his goal is to coach in the NHL.
He had an important role as a mentor to Barkov too, when they were team mates. Barkov would probably give him credit for his success!

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Steve Webb. Guy would jump off the bench, crowd would chant his name, and he would make a B line for guys and hit everything in sight.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Nick Foligno has some of the best hands in the league.

On the Devils, Jesper Bratt is super fun to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00