A Non-Superstar You Loved (or Love) to Watch

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Mats Naslund Le petit viking.

Peter Statsny, Owen Nolan, Peter Sykora, Kirk Mueller, John McLean. So many good payers over the years.

Stastny wasn't a superstar? Late 80s, early 90s Kirk Muller was also quite amazing, almost getting to 100 points a couple of times.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Ryan Smyth was pretty entertaining. Esa Tikkanen was great to watch also. Underrated player.

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
Andrei Burakovsky. Put up decent stats on the Av's this year but man a lot of them were highlights. Especially that shot of his.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Darcy Tucker. Hes a bit nuts and I dont think I've ever seen a player go full throttle every shift. Always had that "I'll fight your entire bench" mentality.

Reactions: RustyCat

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg

I liked watching Marc-Andre Bergeron play for some reason. He was so bad defensively but he had a cannon from the point for such a little guy. He was always entertaining to watch on the powerplay because he had a crazy wind up

Yeah I miss Armia on the Jets.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Darius Kasperitis and Barnaby. Now I know Barnaby is a dbag.

Forgot Valerie Kamenski, Irbe and Ricci.

Was scrolling through posts while waiting to reply Kasparaitis and Barnaby, Darius was smallish but an absolute beast and could get under the skin of -anyone- in the league, while Matthew, damn he just made me laugh every time he was on the ice, his antics were something else (off the ice too, sorrily)

Homer pick, for the Habs the one that really hooked me to NHL (didn't grow in a hockey family) was Richard Zednik, about 20 years ago, guy had a very simple game, but he knew how to be a threat everytime he was on the ice, his balance was unreal (was strong as hell for his size) and could rip it, but so damn unlucky with his injuries...

Reactions: brachyrynchos

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Mike Richards
Danny Briere...one of this generation’s best playoff performers.

Also the entire 2006-07 Buffalo Sabres for that matter.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Ondrej Palat when he's fully healthy. Which is getting pretty rare.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
I feel like a lot of lovable backup goalies who stole games but were in all honesty just average, or slightly above, could fit this bill
Mathieu Garon when Jose theodore was the Habs starting goalie. Garon looked superior as Theo's stock was dropping. Garon has never developped into a solid no.1 netminder. He was fun to watch occasionally in MTL though, before going to LA and Edmonton..

Last edited:

Laodongxi

Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Reijo Ruotsalainen. Far back in the day but he just might be the best backwards skating defenceman to ever play. Can't find any good highlights though. His backwards skating was ridiculous.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
I had a goalie-crush (I play goalie) on Hal Gill and Josh Gorges

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
This year/ current : Valeri Nichushkin (Nuke) He has been so good for us this year, especially with all the injuries. The size, skill, and puck possession has been lights out. Plus, he hounds the puck like a rabid dog. I honestly don't believe we are in the position we are right now without him. Joe Sakic for GM of the year.

Past: Valeri Kamensky, Ales Hemsky, Vincent Damphousse.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad