News Article: A Message from Geoff Molson

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Yeah Molson is dumb
Bergevin is dumb
Therrien is dumb

Everyone is an idiot - except those who spend way too much productive time posting angry messages on message boards :sarcasm:

That's almost an argument...Keep trying, you might get there one day.

Mad Brills*

That's almost an argument...Keep trying, you might get there one day.

I love how people use the appeal to authority fallacy a ton in defending those in power. Majority of people in power are smart. Not all of them though.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Habs really need a Vice President hockey with balls. Preferably a former Hab. Someone that would work above MB.

Molson is a wuss and don't know **** about hockey so MB can easily lie to the guy and he won't know it.

I mean the two success story of this year Chucky and Pateryn happened cause of injuries. It's crazy. Without injuries they would never have been allowed to progress.

Look at the meat heads out there that are former Habs though, is there any out there in hockey that are relatively successful at the moment... Muller is probably the closest thing?

They need an insanely bright hockey mind, like the Bowman's or Dale Tallon. And frankly, in that position, language shouldn't matter.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Look at the meat heads out there that are former Habs though, is there any out there in hockey that are relatively successful at the moment... Muller is probably the closest thing?

They need an insanely bright hockey mind, like the Bowman's or Dale Tallon. And frankly, in that position, language shouldn't matter.

It doesn't need a great hockey mind per se, just a dude that's gonna kick the GM in the ass when results don't come. Even Lafleur would do. Sort of like Ed Snider was to the Flyers. He didn't know a whole lot about hockey but he pushed for results all the time.

We need a hardass in this position that bleeds red, white and blue.

Best choice would be Savard, really. Carbo seems to have a good hockey mind too. And he was disgusted by how the Habs handled Tinordi, Pateryn and Chucky.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
It doesn't need a great hockey mind per se, just a dude that's gonna kick the GM in the ass when results don't come. Even Lafleur would do. Sort of like Ed Snider was to the Flyers. He didn't know a whole lot about hockey but he pushed for results all the time.

Best choice would be Savard, really. Carbo seems to have a good hockey mind too. And he was disgusted by how the Habs handled Tinordi, Pateryn and Chucky.

Savard had a huge hand in the management group currently employed as Molson's special advisor, I'd say his time is well behind him at this point in time.

Carbo I've actually always liked, I definitely prefer him to Therrien or even Bergevin for that matter.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Yeah Molson is dumb
Bergevin is dumb
Therrien is dumb

Well, are we using the clinical or the pejorative? I agree to a certain extent: I would say, however, that they are not the best in their class (NHL owner, GM, coach), but if you want to mark them as dumb, then perhaps it is just a matter of your imprecise concision.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

He just has trouble communicating it to the players.

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
Quite the lack of empathy towards Molson in this thread.

From Molson's perspective, 1 bad season out of 4 is just not enough to justify the radical step of firing everyone... yet again.

He wants to have faith and trust in his rookie GM... That is all.

Molson's predicament at the moment is not easy.

He surely has carefully considered all of the angles and variables... and for now, holding steady and not over-riding his GM is the option he is choosing.

Maybe he does want MT gone... but is not (just yet) prepared to play the role of 'the meddling franchise' owner and order MT's firing.

He is placing his trust in Bergevin to do the right things... at least for now.

To the nastiest, ugliest and angriest of the so-called fans, change your NHL allegiance if you are THAT unhappy. You might feel better and the hate will wash away.

Florida needs some hardcore followers.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

From Molson's perspective, 1 bad season out of 4 is just not enough to justify the radical step of firing everyone... yet again.

He surely has carefully considered all of the angles and variables... and for now, holding steady and not over-riding his GM is the option he is choosing.

Maybe he does want MT gone... but is not (just yet) prepared to play the role of 'the meddling franchise' owner and order MT's firing.

To the nastiest, ugliest and angriest of the so-called fans, change your NHL allegiance if you are THAT unhappy. You might feel better and the hate will wash away.

The guy is a ****ing idiot if he thinks extending inferiority equals stability.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Savard had a huge hand in the management group currently employed as Molson's special advisor, I'd say his time is well behind him at this point in time.

Carbo I've actually always liked, I definitely prefer him to Therrien or even Bergevin for that matter.

On paper MB was not a bad choice, a former player that touched at every positions in a winning environment in Chicago, was a good scout and french. But he is rookie as far as holding a position of importance, at being the boss, which he never did.

With Savard as adviser, I feel like it would have been better. But MB didn't want Savard around.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The guy is a ****ing idiot if he thinks extending inferiority equals stability.

He's running a business, what else does he expect? Fans are his paying customers, if the product is sub-par and his GM is preaching the status quo after the team cratered as it did -- what is he good for? It doesn't take an Einstein to figure out that on any other team, Therrien and his assistant-chumbalooks would have hit the curb way before now.

No one is advocating firing everyone. However, there needed to be an announcement made. Not only did they not fire Therrien, they put him at the table with his smug face and incessant mangling in both languages. This was an affront to those who have seen so many headscratchers by Therrien, that it's as if he operated without an overseer throughout the season.

And then Geoff adding himself to the group, as if his mere presence was going to bring some kind of healing atmosphere.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

better yet : they do whatever they want, and you act as if whatever they do is none of your business... sounds good ?

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I hate when people say "just change teams if you're that upset." Why the **** would a die hard fan, who is upset and angry about what is going on change teams? They've been watching this franchise for years, decades etc. They have every god damn right to complain about this ****. More than most.

Die hard fans deserve some respect for putting up with this ****. RESPECT US, part time fans that can watch this and go "meh, it's not a big deal I'll just post once in a while about how you guys need to chill out. Then go and water my lawn and do other things and not even think about it."

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
I hate when people say "just change teams if you're that upset." Why the **** would a die hard fan, who is upset and angry about what is going on change teams? They've been watching this franchise for years, decades etc. They have every god damn right to complain about this ****. More than most.

Die hard fans deserve some respect for putting up with this ****. RESPECT US, part time fans that can watch this and go "meh, it's not a big deal I'll just post once in a while about how you guys need to chill out. Then go and water my lawn and do other things and not even think about it."

Hey some of us have a big afternoon of pulling weeds and can't stay awake to watch the games. Or maybe its how boring and ****** our coach's system is that we can't watch the whole game

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
What are they supposed to say?

They're as upset as we are. If they were over critical of Therrien they would scare any coach and we could never have another coach. So it's normal that he's not criticized.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
What are they supposed to say?

They're as upset as we are. If they were over critical of Therrien they would scare any coach and we could never have another coach. So it's normal that he's not criticized.

Coaches get fired every year. Never in the history of any sport has a team not been able to find another coach.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Actions...........speak louder than words...

This is a huge summer for the 3 stooges....come October, the knives will be out for all 3 if significant changes aren't made...even the franco media seem to have taken the gloves off....why it took so long, I am not sure?

MT will not be able to handle the pressure of a 3-4 game losing streak next year...he will be chain smoking behind da bench...

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Seriously...who could they hire today that fits their criteria?

By criteria I'm assuming you mean other than being competent and having an IQ in the double digits? Why do we continue to be the only team in the National Hockey League with this ridiculous criteria. Why can't our coach be german. portuguese, swedish or chinese?

From the Montreal Canadiens Official frontpage:
flag-2.gif

Translation:
Thank you fans of other nations that continue to support us while we alienate you with bigotous hiring practices. Give us all your money while we pretend to care about you!!!
-Geoff Molson

Go Habs Go!
Geoff-Molson4_sig.jpg

Strat

Nov 24, 2011
Toronto
Four years is enough for stability. Successful teams are stable because they are successful, not successful because they're stable. They chose the wrong cow (not even an ox) to hitch their wagon to. Something needs to change and change in a big way.
I agree 100% with everything here.

Great post.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad