News Article: A Message from Geoff Molson

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
KNhJrFf.png

"Stability guys, and remember I'm a habs fan too."
Quickest way to wipe that smile off his face is don't spend any money on the team.

JCR

Mar 21, 2016
No stone can be left unturned in looking for ways to improve., he said on the message to the fans...dude, can't you see, that you and your foxhole buddies, put this team and organization, under tons of stones? How could you turn anything? It's a desperate or a foolish statement, but i am leaning more, for the 2nd, because of all the crap that yesterday, was written and said, a day to forget, period!

DCHabitant

Feb 24, 2013
Molson is such a corporate lapdog , cannot speak his mind for fear of backlash. He'll get the backlash, find another excuse not to make a corporate decision, and repeat ...

You're not a "corporate lapdog" when you're the owner. I want Therrien gone too. Molson disagrees, for now. Doesn't make a corporate lapdog, or "lacking balls". In fact, it's pretty gutsy to stay with the same coach/GM after losing millions in post-season revenue.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
You're not a "corporate lapdog" when you're the owner. I want Therrien gone too. Molson disagrees, for now. Doesn't make a corporate lapdog, or "lacking balls". In fact, it's pretty gutsy to stay with the same coach/GM after losing millions in post-season revenue.

And by 'gutsy' you mean 'dumb', right?

kassian

Sep 27, 2010
Montreal
lol @ the ''Go Habs Go'' at the end.

''Look at me I'm a fan too just like you guys!!! :D haha Go Habs Go! Get it?!!11 ''

habaholic

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
there is no playoffs. hello!

Hello?? Really? LOL! That's the whole point Sherlock! The poster is saying that Molson is cheap for not wanting to pay 2 coaches! I think he'd rather make the playoffs and pay 2 coaches than pay 1 and miss them again next year....hello???

Mad Brills*

Molson will still make his money, but he's not making that most he can.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
A message to Molson.
FU Geoff.
I thought I would be happy with the franchise back in the fold...
nothing could be further from the truth.

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
Would love for folks in Montreal to send a message back to Molson, but we all know it won't happen.

mobifree

Cellphone Unlocker
Jul 18, 2011
Toronto
www.mobifree.net
I don't know man. My allegiance to this team is wavering.
I've been a die hard fan since I was 9 years old (almost 3 decades now).

If I don't see substantive changes for the better (ie NOT trading Subban, firing Therrien, getting top 6 players), I'll stop watching altogether. I can probably count on one hand how many games I've watched start to finish this year after November. The season was so disheartening.

To add insult to injury, Bergevin is not firing Therrien?!?!

If the rumours of trading Subban are true and they don't get a Karlsson, Doughty or a legit #1 line player + drafts/prospects in return, BUT keep Therrien and/or Pacioretty, I'll have to retire my Canadiens jersey.

headliner

Feb 11, 2007
What happened to my team? I don't recognize it anymore. We are the new Maple Leafs.

Well, I think Molson must've used Tanenbaum's apology writer from 2012. Eerily similar. As empty as it is easy to write.

-we're as disappointed as you are. No excuses.
-loyal, passionate fans….continued support. Greatest fans in the world.
-100%/full commitment to doing all we can to make this a team a champion…one you deserve.
-sticking with the plan in place.
-another reminder about the great history of the organization.

leafsletter.jpg

headliner

Feb 11, 2007
What happened to my team? I don't recognize it anymore. We are the new Maple Leafs.

Well, I think Molson must've used Tanenbaum's apology writer from 2012. Eerily similar. As empty as it is easy to write.

-we're as disappointed as you are. No excuses.
-loyal, passionate fans….continued support. Greatest fans in the world.
-100%/full commitment to doing all we can to make this a team a champion…one you deserve.
-sticking with the plan in place.
-another reminder about the great history of the organization.

leafsletter.jpg

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
lol @ the ''Go Habs Go'' at the end.

''Look at me I'm a fan too just like you guys!!! :D haha Go Habs Go! Get it?!!11 ''

Guy is trying too hard to be everything to everyone. Why was he even sitting at the table? It was supposed to be an end of season hockey presser, not a consortium about a guy who is only supposed to sign cheques and stay out of hockey decisions, unless it has to do with hiring and firing those hockey people who don't deliver.

"Go Habs Go"? Are you kidding me, Geoff? How badly do you long to be liked?

Last edited:

Habitant#1

Feb 15, 2006
Brisbane
What a joke of a letter:

"This year we hit a bump in the road."
Is that what he calls the biggest regular season collapse in the history of the Canadiens? Of the NHL?

"no stone can be left unturned in looking for ways to improve"
Molson just committed to keeping in place the entire management and coaching group less than 48 hours after the season ended. How do you evaluate everything that transpired this season in less than 48 hours? There was absolutely no meaningful introspection, evaluation or analysis conducted.

This is an incredibly unprofessional way to run a company. This is incredibly demoralising.

:help:

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Habs really need a Vice President hockey with balls. Preferably a former Hab. Someone that would work above MB.

Molson is a wuss and don't know **** about hockey so MB can easily lie to the guy and he won't know it.

I mean the two success story of this year Chucky and Pateryn happened cause of injuries. It's crazy. Without injuries they would never have been allowed to progress.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad