A Message from Chuck

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
This is the shit that really bothers me. Chuck Fletcher is doing what he thinks is best for him. So did Hextall. Outside of corner cases like not banishing certain players to horrendous franchises, so is every GM in existence.

It's a job with a big paycheck. Until something specific happens that makes him willing to walk away, he wants to keep it. The rest is secondary.
Yeah but the storybook

flyersfromquebec

Jul 22, 2012
Wants a better managed team, does nothing to make that happen.

Can't wait to see who the new scapegoats are going to be when they fail again.

If they fail its gonna be all on Fletcher, he made the decision to change the team and even lose some asset (draft pick, Myers, Nolan and Ghost). He made the trades and basically said doing the same thing and expecting different result is insanity. Now it's more a Fletcher's team. I hope he is not finished because we still need a better 3C, a good 2nd goaler and reasonable contract to Sanheim and Hart.

Anyway it will be a more rational discution in February 2022, when we know the result of the changes.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Chuck saying he couldn’t do the same thing and expect different results makes it seem like these changes were his only options, which is obviously complete nonsense. As if he couldn’t have made other moves to change the team and get better results.

It’s the kind of empty quote that the average fan will gobble up, without even considering if it makes any sense. The same ones who still somehow don’t understand what went wrong last year.

He could’ve made big changes and improved the team. Instead, he got rid of very good players and happily left the biggest problems. Then he scapegoated those good players and pretended they were the problem, which again was gobbled up by the average fan. Are we seeing the pattern here?

But yeah, at least it’s different. That’s all that matters.

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
Fletcher doesn't have time to look at threads like these. Look, he and the rest of the front-office are already finalizing their plan for free agency:

tenor.gif

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002

Wait. I thought the problem last year was the Ontario Youth (i.e. Konecny, Frost and Bunnaman) not getting in shape? Or was it all the players who got COVID? Now it's 'the mood in the room was bad' and the need for 'changes in the leadership group' (ie Jake). And they were too easy to play against. While Risto might hit some guys while putting himself out of position, I'm sure the killer smurfs Ellis and Atkinson will scare the bejesus out of the opposition, and you've lost Myers and Hagg, who did most of the D-based hitting.

Good grief. He should just admit they have no idea what they are doing, what kind of team they want to have, or what style of play they want to play. It's moves for the sake of moves, to con his boss into thinking he's acting decisively.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Wait. I thought the problem last year was the Ontario Youth (i.e. Konecny, Frost and Bunnaman) not getting in shape? Or was it all the players who got COVID? Now it's 'the mood in the room was bad' and the need for 'changes in the leadership group' (ie Jake). And they were too easy to play against. While Risto might hit some guys while putting himself out of position, I'm sure the killer smurfs Ellis and Atkinson will scare the bejesus out of the opposition, and you've lost Myers and Hagg, who did most of the D-based hitting.

Good grief. He should just admit they have no idea what they are doing, what kind of team they want to have, or what style of play they want to play. It's moves for the sake of moves, to con his boss into thinking he's acting decisively.
They know exactly what they're doing. Deflecting blame from themselves with various ridiculous excuses and counting on people to be dumb enough to buy it.

And it's working.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Wait. Did he say that unprompted or did a beat ask about that?

That this had to be addressed angers me more than the roster moves.
Don't blame Sam for this one. Fletcher said changes needed to be made to the leadership group. Rob Parent asked him if, in that context, G would still be captain. A valid Q, given they just traded the longstanding Assistant Captain and Giroux's #2.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Can't wait for the team to be just as listless as the last 5 years (Hakstol/AV) despite different "leadership". Will be an absolute riddle to the authentic fan
eventually...have to get through the first initial stretch of good results and the guaranteed victory lap

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
Don't blame Sam for this one. Fletcher said changes needed to be made to the leadership group. Rob Parent asked him if, in that context, G would still be captain. A valid Q, given they just traded the longstanding Assistant Captain and Giroux's #2.
How is that a valid question? That's a stupid question by a very stupid beat writer, he's done a good job as captain, it's stupid fans that think he's something he's not.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,430.00