A Message from Chuck

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
I fail to see a situation where Fletcher fires Vigneault early on, unless they bottom out - and there is too much talent on the club to realistically do that.

The man is likely to be here for a while, even if they are just flirting with a playoff spot.

Its an issue that goes back to Scott, and for the standards set for this club. I'd like to know, what they see as a measure of success for this coaching staff next season. The player excuses are out.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I fail to see a situation where Fletcher fires Vigneault early on, unless they bottom out - and there is too much talent on the club to realistically do that.

The man is likely to be here for a while, even if they are just flirting with a playoff spot.

Its an issue that goes back to Scott, and for the standards set for this club. I'd like to know, what they see as a measure of success for this coaching staff next season. The player excuses are out.
Yep, I think anyone predicting he’s gone this season are in the denial stage of grief. :laugh:

The roster is too good to be bad enough unless the goaltending is as bad as last year, which is almost impossible. Any improvement will be credited to him too, so he’ll be snug as an alcoholic bug.

HartOfPhilly

Jul 25, 2021

I think the expectation is not just get to the playoffs but win a series. Unfortunately I think that's enough to keep his job safe.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
I think the expectation is not just get to the playoffs but win a series. Unfortunately I think that's enough to keep his job safe.

I think they have to win two. Make the ECF. I'd fire him already, but lets just say for any other coach if they were in his place.

Fletcher is likely to to make further deals at the deadline, to help try to push this thing forward.

Thats my measure of success this year, and what I expect coming out of that retool. AV should be made were aware that those are the goals or he is out. Friendly transparency.

HartOfPhilly

Jul 25, 2021
I think they have to win two. Make the ECF. I'd fire him already, but lets just say for any other coach if they were in his place.

Fletcher is likely to to make further deals at the deadline, to help try to push this thing forward.

Thats my measure of success this year, and what I expect coming out of that retool. AV should be made were aware that those are the goals or he is out. Friendly transparency.

Assuming kids continue to take steps forward and we get a decent back up G it's do able. Hart has to go back to hart. I'd like to see our next coach not be a member of the old boys club. You can only re tread so many times. Need a younger coach with fresh ideas and not old enough to be their grandfather

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad