Post-Game Talk: A hot bowl of Campbell soup and two scores for the Birthday Boy

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
He keeps playing like this, I wouldn’t trade him.

But I’ve already posted about my preference to trade Bouchard first.

Honestly believe he's going to be the K'andre Miller of the Western Conference...Similar length, height/size, speed, athleticism. Both know for highlight end to end/ fast break showtime capability

Both started out as forwards before transitioning into defenseman. Both are excellent with their stick.

Broberg developed a little slower because he was learning in Sweden on the big ice. He should have been in the AHL in the smaller ice in the NA. He's catching up now. We could possible be looking at the next star on LD along with Nurse on this team.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Honestly believe he's going to be the K'andre Miller of the Western Conference...Similar length, height/size, speed, athleticism. Both know for highlight end to end/ fast break showtime capability

Both started out as forwards before transitioning into defenseman. Both are excellent with their stick.

Broberg developed a little slower because he was learning in Sweden on the big ice. He should have been in the AHL in the smaller ice in the NA. He's catching up now. We could possible be looking at the next star on LD along with Nurse on this team.
I don’t think he has the puck skills of Miller.

I do think he’s potentially better defensively than Nurse though. He plays a more predictable, more cerebral game than Nurse.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
When is Ryan Murray eligible for LTIR?

He's the 9th defensemen on the depth chart now. Either LTIR him or send him to Bako. Every little bit of cap room helps with Kane coming back soon.
Unless a trade is made, they'll need to make like 5 transactions to clear cap.
LTIR Murray
Waive Shore and Foegele
Demote Neimo and Pickard

All that leaves them with $167 in cap space and a 21 man roster.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016

I do think he’s potentially better defensively than Nurse though. He plays a more predictable, more cerebral game than Nurse.

Maybe, but we don't know yet. Before it was he had no spatial awareness , then it was he only transports pucks and now it's he doesn't have the puck skills. I just know not to bet against a Swedish defenseman.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Maybe, but we don't know yet. Before it was he had no spatial awareness , then it was he only transports pucks and now it's he doesn't have the puck skills. I just know not to bet against a Swedish defenseman.
It’s more an acknowledgement of how good Miller is in that regard.

Reactions: walktheboulavard

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I love the team that Kenny has brought together. This is by far the best team in the McDavid era.

Desharnais is going to be a 20min a night dman quickly. Broberg and Bouchard looking like studs, our defense wont be considered a weakness for much longer.
The weakest link may be Nurse and his 9.25M contract.

Reactions: DarksideGhost

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Connor has too much respect to that.
That and he probably gave it to Desharnais or Kostin lol

To be fair, I don't know if we know if he has those pick skills. He can move and transport the puck pretty well, imo. He's also quite good at just shutting things down in the defensive zone. There might be quite a player here

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Unless a trade is made, they'll need to make like 5 transactions to clear cap.
LTIR Murray
Waive Shore and Foegele
Demote Neimo and Pickard

All that leaves them with $167 in cap space and a 21 man roster.

I think it’s Ryan that gets demoted over Foegele.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
636075575333454902-IMG-042516-RedWings-024-1- copy.png

InTheBox

Feb 7, 2021
The only thing I didn't like about the game was they ran McDavid-Draisaitl-Hyman too much. Let those guys develop some chemistry with other guys. The game wasn't close enough to do that so much.

Otherwise, great game. Let's see if these guys keep up the intensity tonight.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
The only thing I didn't like about the game was they ran McDavid-Draisaitl-Hyman too much. Let those guys develop some chemistry with other guys. The game wasn't close enough to do that so much.

with Yammo out we only had 11 Forwards....so it was kinda of an exception

Reactions: Oilhawks

PositiveCashFlow

Snowmen fall to earth unassembled
Jul 10, 2007
The Gene segment and Jack’s response with 11:03 left in the first was… illuminating… might explain a few things

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011

Have to agree. Even in the Anaheim game, Holloway scores at beginning. Woodcroft plays McDra together. Maybe it was done to limit McDrais ice time in a blow out but I am not sure its the best idea. Feels too many guys (especially young guys) get yoyo’d around.

Even tonight. Ryan started the game with McDavid. Did he play another shift with all game? Just feels like Woodcroft thinks he has 200 IQ brain. Just feels weird and try hard to me.

I really shouldn’t complain. Great game by the team tonight. Least more guys are getting involved.

Reactions: InTheBox

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad