Value of: A goalie to the Leafs (If Andersen is out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
10 goalies? The TSN segment you have already referred to, and apparently didn’t comprehend, already debunked your theory.

Ryan Miller is a no go, won’t waive. Georgiev will cost too much. Campbell not on the block, Quick is. And they touched on a few others.

Try paying attention next time you bring up a poorly thought out point

And as I say this, the price for a goalie to the leafs keeps going up and up with how obvious it is that Dubas is willing to pay to save his job.
Browse - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

At least 10.

Neutral Hockey Fan

Sep 24, 2010
LOL. Did you even look at what you posted? The majority of those goalies that are realistic are no better or only marginally better than Hutchinson.

the ones that can help the leafs either aren’t available (Francouz, Halak, Miller, Khudobin), or they cost way more than the leafs can afford (Lehner, Greiss, Elliott).

Sure, I suppose the leafs could add Aaron Dell or Keith Kinkaid, assuming they can unload salary, but those guys are not good, and being exposed behind the leafs defence just makes things worse.

So, like TSN and I said, the options are very limited, and have multiple bidders. Dubas is in trouble

A1LeafNation

Oct 17, 2010
LOL. Did you even look at what you posted? The majority of those goalies that are realistic are no better or only marginally better than Hutchinson.

the ones that can help the leafs either aren’t available (Francouz, Halak, Miller, Khudobin), or they cost way more than the leafs can afford (Lehner, Greiss, Elliott).

Sure, I suppose the leafs could add Aaron Dell or Keith Kinkaid, assuming they can unload salary, but those guys are not good, and being exposed behind the leafs defence just makes things worse.

So, like TSN and I said, the options are very limited, and have multiple bidders. Dubas is in trouble
There are 7 on that list not including guys with term like Campbell and Georgiev and Arizona goalie(they have 4).

Stop trying so hard to make a stupid point.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
There are 7 on that list not including guys with term like Campbell and Georgiev and Arizona goalie(they have 4).

He’s kind of right though. Good goalies cost. Just because a team has two or three really good ones by no means says they are going to give one away. Isn’t that like saying the Leafs have three really good right shot wingers so one of them is cheap to get?

Neutral Hockey Fan

Sep 24, 2010

I actually agree with you. After tonight, Dubas knows the season is on the line. He is going to be willing to badly overpay to bring in an upgrade in goal. But unless he overhauls that trash heap he calls a defence corps first, any mediocre backup that he brings in won’t solve anything.

Neutral Hockey Fan

Sep 24, 2010
He’s kind of right though. Good goalies cost. Just because a team has two or three really good ones by no means says they are going to give one away. Isn’t that like saying the Leafs have three really good right shot wingers so one of them is cheap to get?
Well, to be fair, the leafs had 3 good centres and dumped one for a single year of Tyson Barrie and a vanilla meh player like kerfoot LOL. So maybe dubass does think like that

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I actually agree with you. After tonight, Dubas knows the season is on the line. He is going to be willing to badly overpay to bring in an upgrade in goal. But unless he overhauls that trash heap he calls a defence corps first, any mediocre backup that he brings in won’t solve anything.
Dubas still won't be overpaying. Leafs won't be making the playoffs by overpaying for a backup. He may pani on as D trade, but not a backup goalie.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
What I find interesting/odd....is on draft day, you always hear people say draft the BPA and don't draft for need. You can always trade for need if you have to.

Now here we are and the Leafs NEED a good backup goalie, and some are more worried about a little overpay to fill the obvious hole. And are willing to risk missing the playoffs for it too.

I am willing to bet the Leafs add someone....someone that is able to play as a starter if Freddy gets hurt again.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
No backup goalie is going to save the Leafs. The D is terrible at defending. Leafs have too many holes compounded by injuries.

Too bad they don’t have a 1st round pick in a very deep draft. :)

Reactions: BruinsBtn

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Seems to me like, whether Andersen is injured or not...the Leafs need to do something with their goaltending situation. You can't just ride Andersen down the stretch, and expect him to be fresh and on a hot streak that lasts the entire grind of the playoffs. That team simply isn't good enough defensively to survive those "backup starts" and collect the points they need, while getting Andersen the rest he'll need.

If Andersen is out for a while though...this season could slip away in a hurry. Just makes an already glaring need, that much more pressing and immediate.

Reactions: Tripod

benedictTavares

JT's PJ's'
Jan 15, 2013
Scottsdale
They def need an upgrade in goal because of injuries but they have serious issues with team defense and give aways. They probably need 1D and a G if they want to make the playoffs. Maybe the kings fit that?

Reactions: The S5

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Only 1 team made the playoffs last year getting under 20 points from their backup(Vegas). That "seems" to be the magic number you need. The Leafs have 9 from Hutch so far.

I mentioned before, the Leafs have had an easier schedule too since Keefe became coach and they continue to do so until Feb 16th....only 2 of their next 6 is against playoff teams. Their last 22 games, 7 are against non playoff contending teams....so it certainly toughens up.

I 100% think Dubas adds a goalie...and a D fwiw.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Leafs need to get all of their F's to buy into playing 200 feet. Too many giveaways on risky passes and half assed back checking (Mathews did backcheck his butt off tonight).
Hutch wasn't terrible tonight. One bad goal. They could use a young, promising goalie. I don't see the need to bring in an older vet to backup Freddie when he gets back.

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
We can't depend on this team at all. They need to trade for goalie and defenseman fast. Hutchinson ffs just terrible and going into games with this guy is suicidal. Send him to AHL and get us a goalie.

A1LeafNation

Oct 17, 2010
Want to try again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad