Value of: A goalie to the Leafs (If Andersen is out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Personally as a fan of both teams I'd love to see the Leafs get Campbell from LA. The Kings have a logjam in net, Campbell should be a solid backup that can step when when/if Freddy is hurt and most importantly is signed for another couple years at a very reasonable $1.6m

Reactions: uncleben and hn777

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
So the Leafs have gone from likely needing a backup goalie to potentially needing a stop gap starting goalie.

Bah. I'll take Lehner please!

(Yes. I know it's unrealistic)

Reactions: exporta

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
So the Leafs have gone from likely needing a backup goalie to potentially needing a stop gap starting goalie.

Bah. I'll take Lehner please!

(Yes. I know it's unrealistic)

Lehner would be the perfect acquisition but I feel like Chicago would rather re-sign him and jettison Crawford, who I would not want

ownal

Jan 26, 2019
Pittsburgh
DeSmith, 2nd (if Penguins make the ECF) & Galchenyuk for Kap. We will retain salary.

Leafs can't afford to miss that playoff money.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Desmith would be best option. There was a thread about desmith for kapanen etc. Lookike dubas being an idiot and sitting around waiting is gonna cost now. .. Andersen lost is a season lost now

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Craig Anderson likely isnt available until Nillsson returns from a concussion

Cotton

May 13, 2013
DeSmith, 2nd (if Penguins make the ECF) & Galchenyuk for Kap. We will retain salary.

If any team is unfazed by lost playoff revenue, it's the leafs.

Reactions: qqaz

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019

Take the 2nd round pick out.. pitt does not have one. Demsith and alex be fine for kapanen

Petrus

Jan 5, 2017
Bay Street
Ah yes, Casey ****ing Desmith 28 year old third stringer is well worth Kasperi Kapanen but the young up and coming Georgiev? No no no not worth anything more than Jeremy "garbage trash Bracco"

Tell me again why Leafsbros value their third line winger almost as much as Nylander?

Georgiev (while a potentially a great goalie) is going to be costly to acquire and costly from a cap perspective when he needs a new contract.

Where are the Leafs going to get the cap space to pay for Georgiev?

Georgiev is a better fit for a team that can pay for his contract and put him in as the starting goalie immediately.

The Leafs are not this team.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Ah yes, Casey ****ing Desmith 28 year old third stringer is well worth Kasperi Kapanen but the young up and coming Georgiev? No no no not worth anything more than Jeremy "garbage trash Bracco"

Tell me again why Leafsbros value their third line winger almost as much as Nylander?
Trade Georgie elsewhere, been down this road already.

Last edited:

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Shouldn't their higher priority be better D?

Reduce shots against... can live with a mediocre goaltending like the Flyers and Knights (who have similar points to the Leafs)

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

Reduce shots against... can live with a mediocre goaltending like the Flyers and Knights (who have similar points to the Leafs)
Yes. This is why i would shy away from a kneejerk trade like iverpaying for Georgiev. Even if the Leafs scratch into the playoffs, our putrid D will get it's ass handed to it by Washington/Boston/Tampa. If the team as it sits gets there so be it...but forget the kneejerk trades. Grab a goalie for a 2nd or 3rd? Sure...but trading bigger pieces better be for D.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia

Both of those teams have better goaltending than the Leafs. The defense and goaltending need an upgrade, it is unclear whether or not MGMT has the stones to do something about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad