GDT: "A Fistful of Dallas" - Sharks @ Dallas - 10/17 - 5:30 PM (PT) - CSN-CA, FS-SW, KFOX

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
My retort would be your hate for me is too large. :D

5923.png

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
On the other side, SJ's first two goals were all on Ellis...he should be able to make both those saves.

Mid-term, I don't have an issue with Demers. He struggled this game and the last, IMO, specifically because of the increased responsibility....with Boyle in the lineup, Demers doesn't have to have as much offensive responsibility.

Long-term, in terms of his own development, Demers needs to better his stamina, cut down on his bonehead mistakes, and find a way to balance defense and the offense.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Am I the only one who thought this was really sweet? I know it's a grown man crying about hockey, but he's not crying about losing a game or a series, it's about a great player suffering a potentially serious injury.

I would if:

1) He wasn't a theater major.

2) He didn't say "I promised myself I wouldn't cry" and then continue to cry on camera. I mean, that line...really? Very easy to take another take when you compose yourself. It has unnecessary drama written all over it.

He's now thanking Brodie for airing his clip and saying that his mom DVR'd it. High fives all around.

freddypuck

Aug 19, 2008
New York
On the other side, SJ's first two goals were all on Ellis...he should be able to make both those saves.

Mid-term, I don't have an issue with Demers. He struggled this game and the last, IMO, specifically because of the increased responsibility....with Boyle in the lineup, Demers doesn't have to have as much offensive responsibility.

Long-term, in terms of his own development, Demers needs to better his stamina, cut down on his bonehead mistakes, and find a way to balance defense and the offense.
really throw the kid under the bus haha, he did fine , lets be honest it wasnt one player that struggled it was a group,IMO
by the way the ice looked horrible in Dallas.....

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
But really it's a silly debate to have. The Stars are not making the playoffs, as i said.

They are better than Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton and Nashville.

They are not better than San Jose, LA, Anaheim, St Louis or Chicago.

I don't know if they are better than Colorado, Minnesota, Phoenix or Vancouver.

I think they have a decent shot at the playoffs.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
A healthy Sharks team is skating circles around this Dallas team. The Sharks were average at best in this game and never trailed and that was probably the best that Dallas could put out there with what they have. .

Backup/borderline AHL goalie was in net.

Ralgo

Oct 12, 2013
Prague
Anyway, SJ still leading league in points, while having played 1 or 2 less games. No reason to panic (also no reason to look in the past :sarcasm:).

Wedontneedroads

Jul 14, 2008
San Jose
Team lacked hustle for most of the game. You could really tell when they picked up the pace and started skating.

1st goal Hertl got sucked too low and couldn't get to the point.
2nd goal was just bad luck on a blocked shot.
3rd goal Nieto stopped skating.

Not rocket science to clean that game up defensively.

TMac is not going to be happy with that effort.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Backup/borderline AHL goalie was in net.

If both teams are healthy, Lehtonen in net won't matter. The Sharks would just be much, much better when you put their 18 skaters against Dallas' 18 skaters. Dallas has very little forward depth and an average blue line compared to what the Sharks have when healthy which is three very good lines and a 3rd line playing as their 4th line with at the very least a blue line equal to Dallas' and likely better.

Lehtonen is a great goalie but no team has a goalie that can withstand that kind of talent difference up front to win a playoff series.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
If both teams are healthy, Lehtonen in net won't matter. The Sharks would just be much, much better when you put their 18 skaters against Dallas' 18 skaters. Dallas has very little forward depth and an average blue line compared to what the Sharks have when healthy which is three very good lines and a 3rd line playing as their 4th line with at the very least a blue line equal to Dallas' and likely better.

Lehtonen is a great goalie but no team has a goalie that can withstand that kind of talent difference up front to win a playoff series.

94437.jpg

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
oh, man... i REALLY want to get an Irbe jersey someday... my favorite player when I first started watching hockey

too bad if he played today they'd have to take like six inches off his pads lol

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
They are better than Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton and Nashville.

They are not better than San Jose, LA, Anaheim, St Louis or Chicago.

I don't know if they are better than Colorado, Minnesota, Phoenix or Vancouver.

I think they have a decent shot at the playoffs.

Accepting your opinions as true, I'm sure you realize that all that really matters is if they are better than one of Colorado or Minnesota.

I think they have a decent shot at #4 in the Central, assuming Lehtonen is back and his usual self.

On a somewhat related aside, Seguin is really, really fun to watch. I enjoyed seeing him in person.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
LA Kings 8th seed going all the way 2 years ago because of a hot goalie.

That recent enough?

The Kings were a much better team than their seeding and certainly miles better than what Dallas has. That Kings team had three scoring lines when they were healthy, which they got when the playoffs came.

Care to compare apples to apples?

DuckEatinShark

GET ALL THE PPs!!!!
Jul 20, 2009
San Jose
I was watching the 3rd period at a sports bar last night. God, our movement off the puck just isn't as crisp as it was at the beginning of the year.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
The Kings were a much better team than their seeding and certainly miles better than what Dallas has. That Kings team had three scoring lines when they were healthy, which they got when the playoffs came.

Care to compare apples to apples?

They had 2 scoring lines, sorry. Trevor Lewis, Jerret Stoll, Jordan Nolan, Colin Fraser, Brad Richardson and Dwight King were their bottom 6 forwards and none of those are scoring line players.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
They had 2 scoring lines, sorry. Trevor Lewis, Jerret Stoll, Jordan Nolan, Colin Fraser, Brad Richardson and Dwight King were their bottom 6 forwards and none of those are scoring line players.

And yet that third line produced in the post-season with Stoll, King, and Lewis. Just go ahead and put that entire roster together with the likes of Anze Kopitar, Mike Richards, Dustin Brown, Jeff Carter, Drew Doughty, Slava Voynov, and all of them and compare them to what the Stars have now and tell me with a straight face that they're comparable to them.

I don't think so. Even if you were given that they only had two lines, those two lines are a lot better than Dallas' top two and the blue lines heavily favor Los Angeles. Not to mention that Quick was playing at a level Lehtonen has never reached.

TealTownUSA

Mar 30, 2010
what a difference a boyle makes...

anyone else tired of seeing little joe on the SO? for f sake tmac, he's a playmaker.

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
Accepting your opinions as true, I'm sure you realize that all that really matters is if they are better than one of Colorado or Minnesota.

I think they have a decent shot at #4 in the Central, assuming Lehtonen is back and his usual self.

On a somewhat related aside, Seguin is really, really fun to watch. I enjoyed seeing him in person.

#4 in the Central is meaningless unless they're also better than #5 in the Pacific.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad