Value of: A couple Sharks

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I think the Sharks would be better off moving Dillon than Braun. Dillon is younger, cheaper and not as good. I just don't think they can get enough for Braun to make it worth it to trade him.

Dillon is four years younger and 500k cheaper but the difference between Braun and Dillon is probably bigger than that monetary difference. I'd probably look to move Dillon too if it brought back someone I thought would force DeBoer to not play DeMelo on the right side anymore but I don't think they view that 3rd pairing as much of an issue as it really is.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
No. Braun could on a good day bring back a late 1st. Tierney as a young producing center probably could at this point as well. For me, if Toronto wanted both, I'd want Gardiner and I'd want something else whether it's another asset like our 2nd back or for the Leafs to take Paul Martin or Melker Karlsson.

Done deal

Reactions: my name is Bob

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
No. Braun could on a good day bring back a late 1st. Tierney as a young producing center probably could at this point as well. For me, if Toronto wanted both, I'd want Gardiner and I'd want something else whether it's another asset like our 2nd back or for the Leafs to take Paul Martin or Melker Karlsson.
gardiner, karlsson and martin for bruan and tierney

does karlsson play C or wing?

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife

Throw a Martin swap in there. Gardiner + Martin + 2nd for Braun + Tierney + Martin

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
For me, it's something that I would only consider if certain things go our way in free agency. Basically, it'd have to happen after July but if the Sharks signed Tavares, yeah I'd do that deal.
why does the op want to move tierney and braun?

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Actually wasn't a bad proposal. It seems to be general consensus among Sharks fans that Braun's value is a late 1st, I really don't think Tierney is much more valuable than Johnsson + 2nd if at all, Johnsson is good.
I never said anything about the value. The fit is awful. Yes Braun for a 1st is fine. But we have absolutely no need for Johnsson or Carrick so basically it comes to a number 3 and a good young 3rd line C for a first and second.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
why does the op want to move tierney and braun?

My guess for Tierney would be on the basis of potentially signing Tavares and re-signing Thornton. My guess for Braun is a matter of preference. Braun has been used in the top shutdown pairing role with Vlasic and the effectiveness of the pairing overall is diminishing. Partly Braun and partly Vlasic so the idea I'm guessing would be to try and move away from a shutdown pairing and more of a balanced pairing. Since the Sharks only have Burns that is an offensive presence from the point, OP may think opening the spot to bring in someone maybe similar to a Mike Green or a Doug Hamilton would be better. But I can't speak for her. Those are just my guesses.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
I never said anything about the value. The fit is awful. Yes Braun for a 1st is fine. But we have absolutely no need for Johnsson or Carrick so basically it comes to a number 3 and a good young 3rd line C for a first and second.

That's fair. Carrick I wasn't even factoring in as Leafs are almost 100% letting him walk but he'd probably be better than Demelo on the 3rd. Wings look pretty strong for San Jose but I'd be shocked if Johnsson couldn't beat out at least one guy for a top 9 role

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Tierney is a bit more of a stretch but if Braun is made readily available I have a hard time seeing him not land in Toronto tbh, way too perfect of a fit and they've got the assets to make the deal

Reactions: iSophagus

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Some combo of 1st, 2nd, Brown, Gardiner for both, 1st+/Brown+ for Braun alone.

Or, stepping into the crazy zone- how much more would you add for Nylander?

How much more you want?

Is our first getting it done, or you looking for more?

Assuming we don’t resign Kane, Nylander would be great to have, and might cost a little less due to being a Rfa.

What's the ask on Donskoi for the Rangers? I love his game
I'd be very interested in Meier as well but I doubt he's available unless overpayment.

Meier is almost assuredly a hard no.

Donskoi is a hard one for me, he is brilliant when healthy, but has been having an issue staying that way. Also not sure what GMs would value him at, but I suspect it would be less than what Sharks fans think he’s worth.

I don’t know what you guys are looking to use as trade bait though, any offer you think might get the ball rolling?

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
How much more you want?

Assuming we don’t resign Kane, Nylander would be great to have, and might cost a little less due to being a Rfa.

It's a moot point, the only way Nylander moves is 1 for 1 for a top pair RD, there's no realistic package

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
How much more you want?

Assuming a swap of SJ 1st for SJ 2nd was part of the deal, what's the best 4th piece?

It's a moot point, the only way Nylander moves is 1 for 1 for a top pair RD, there's no realistic package
That depends. Personally I see Nylander as a potential 70+ point C, in which case that statement applies. But if Babs is never going to move him over and management for what ever reason thinks it's time to move on (hugely doubtful) this kind of package could make a lot of sense, "reverse Kesseling"

Solid 3d partner for Rielly
Long term C fix with a Kadri lite (better defence/worse offence) 2C quality 3C
+futures to supplement the core

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Not in favor of trading either player from the Sharks.
But, if they were, I'd perfer to look at wingers like Hoffman ( Sens), Anderson(CBJ) or Woods ( NJ)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad